The Gross National Debt

Sunday, November 13, 2011

The bucket-ed List

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
This is not a bucket list, that list of things to do before you make the grand exit and possibly entrance.
Oops.

Rather, this is for after.

Whom do you think needs to know that you have departed? Whom do you think will want to know?

Thanks to the internet and the people we now know all over the planet, the list of people who want to know when you drop off is probably larger than just relatives and people in your immediate community.

So whom is on your list?

I don't need to know. You do. Whom are the people who want or need to know that you won't be logging in to Facebook any more, won't be responding to text messages, etc.
And that's the way it'll be.

I'm getting my list together, the list of people who probably want to know when I'm heading out on the ultimate hunting trip. These folks will be notified by phone or email by the people who will take care of whatever final arrangements will be arranged. The list will be kept with the other important papers.

So, are you on the list?

Do you want to be on the list?

Do you need to be on my list?

Why do you want to be on the list? To make sure I'm not exaggerating? To celebrate? Mourn? Perhaps both?

There's no need for you to be on the list for my sake. I'll be gone. If you want to be there for the people who are gonna still be here, why?

Maybe you want to be on the list to show "last respects," which implies you showed me respect previously.
But I don't have an Aunt Sandy...

Do I think you need to be on the list? Ooo. Now there's a good question. My answer is: Doesn't matter.

If you want to be on my bucket-ed list, I'll see about adding you. You send me whatever contact information you want used. I'll probably add you. How will you know if I added you to the list. Heh. Wait & see.

Fair warning: It's up to you after that to keep your information updated. You can't expect people who are already in a turbulent state to make repeated attempts to get ahold of you. Once or twice is all yer gonna get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.