The Gross National Debt

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Can you make the grade?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Some time back I took the GED test. Not because I needed to, but because I wanted to see if I could pass it.
What th? I got this on GED search in Google Images.

I took the test. I passed. What surprised me is I passed the math section. Well, I say I passed. I did not bother with the essay portion of the test. I knew I’d either ace that or fail it worse than anyone has ever failed in it the history of the GED. I didn’t want to take the chance either way.

But when I passed, I wrote a newspaper story about it. My story encouraged several other people to step up and take the test, which is exactly what I hoped for.

So to the point, I took another test today. I passed. How well would you do?

If you are a like me ( and I REALLY hope you are not in a lot of ways), then you are a citizen of the United States by birth. You may be a citizen by naturalization. You may not be a citizen of the US.

If you are a citizen by birth, do you think you could pass a citizenship test?

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2011/0104/Could-you-pass-a-US-citizenship-test/Who-signs-bills


You must get 58 or more of these test questions correct in order to pass. That's a 60 percent passing rate, a D- where I come from.

I got 94 of 96 questions correct. That's 98 percent. A+.

I didn’t google any of the questions. Never crossed my mind to do so. I took the test exactly like a person trying to be a citizen would. I used my own knowledge.

I ask again, how well will you do?

I will bet you whatever you want to lay down that I have friends in other countries (Will comes to immediate mind in Canada) who will do far better than friends I have here in South Georgia.

Anyway, ‘cause I’m that kinda guy, I’ll tell you what I missed. So you can head into the test with two correct answers already at hand.

63. The Federalist Papers supported the passage of the U.S. Constitution. Name one of the writers.

I selected John Adams. The correct answer is James Madison. The other two choices were George Washington and Thomas Jefferson.

This one I either didn’t know or could not remember.

66. Who was President during World War I?

I selected Theodore Roosevelt. The correct answer is Woodrow Wilson. The other choices are Franklin Roosevelt and Warren Harding. I knew it wasn't Harding or FDR. I picked Ted because I kept thinking of the Rough Riders and the Bull Moose party. Threw me off.

Take the test. Lemme hear from you.

1 comment:

  1. Here are my results. Not too shabby: You answered 89 of 96 questions correctly for a total score of 93%.

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.