The Gross National Debt

Thursday, July 21, 2011

I. Am. Offended.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Not kidding either. I am. Offended. Irked. Annoyed.
You been warned
But not to the point of being deep fried.

To 'splain.

Recently I stopped at Ma's house in Tifton. She needed some heavy lifting done. In between bouts of re-arranging my vertebrae, I stopped and sat on the couch. One of the cable TV channels was having a Swamp People marathon.
My kinda folks.
I do not watch TV. Have not done so in years. Do not have cable, satellite or an antenna at my house.
Nope. Not enough there,

Why don't I watch TV?

As was reinforced watching Swamp People, I'm not smart enough to watch TV.

I shan't go into my lack of knowledge which prevents me from watching TV. Rather, I tell you now what proved I'm not smart enough in this instance.

The show had subtitles.

I was, am and will be offended.

Shag pointed out "Well, Benjamin, not everyone can understand them. We do. But we speak the language."

I speaks it.
So?

Do you see subtitles when a show is shot in NYC and the people there speak with an incomprehensible accent?

Hell no.

So, I am offended and not smart enough to watch TV.

But I shall be redeemed. As Lewis Grizzard said, "God talks like we do."

2 comments:

  1. I love this blog mo' better fo' sure! New York City, my accent is originally from the Dutch farmers of the 1600's and still exists. It's Germanic Dutch. When them there speak de English I kno' for certain they be sound'n akin me!
    I love the Cajun accent too. It sounds close to the Canadian French when they speak English.
    It was nice visiting your site, take care. And... Don't be callin' me late fo' gator when ya cook 'em up! I'm tellin' you fo' sure, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TV sucks.
    Football sucks.
    Fashion sucks.
    Speaking without having anything important to say sucks.

    That's why I love the Bible.
    It's totally against all this bull**** in their current form.

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.