The Gross National Debt

Sunday, November 27, 2011

And what would you have done?


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Got up this morning. Truck parked in the driveway. Not mine. Bulldog in back seat.

Moseyed out to check. Dog barked. An arm on the front seat moved. I saw the person was alive, wrapped in a blanket so I walked back to the house.

Went back to the house to resume cooking lunch, washing clothes and making jerky. Later while pattying out BACON burgers in the barn, truck cranked and left. Back in 30 seconds.

Man walks up. Asked where he was. Did not remember how he got here. Called his mother (dude is my age) to come from the far side of Albany to bring him money for gas.

He admits to being too drunk to drive home last night.

"I figured it was something like that. Not just anybody is going to park in my driveway," I said.

Gave him a large glass of ice water. A short while later, cooked him an egg sandwich and took it to his truck. Figured by then he could hold it down.

"Remember, Jesus will always take you back," I said, handing him the sandwich. While hanging out clothes, he waved at me. I waved back. A short while later someone arrived and he left behind them.

What would you have done?

I know what most of the people who don't want me in their church would have done.

I also know what Jesus would have done because He was with me this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.