The Gross National Debt

Saturday, November 26, 2011

A reply in another forum

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
This is a reply to someone in another forum I inhabit. I thought it was worth sharing on this Saturday afternoon. I have expanded it a bit here in hopes it makes more sense as you don't have the full thread to read.


The worst part about being a rebel is living long enough to suffer the consequences of your actions.

An original quote from me. Also, a universal truth. Being a long standing rebel and continuing through today, I can testify to the effects of living to see the fruits of ones actions.
A be different, just like everyone else.

A high school principal, now deceased, once accused me of being a rebel without a cause. A few months before the principal died, I saw her again. She said I gave her immense amounts of trouble.

The occasion of the rebel statement came as she debated whether or not to expel me. Which in turn reminds me of another occasion I had with her for a dental-directed posterior adjustment. This occasion was over something I absolutely did not do. Another student, offended by my mere presence, had it in for me. I have not see this fellow classmate since graduation and frankly do not want to.

Anyway as to the levied charges. Guilty on the principal/'s second accusation, partly guilty on the first. I am a rebel. I have a cause. I object to stupidity couched in the form of authority.

Furthermore, rebellion is enough of a cause. As Frank Zappa said, and I paraphrase, a society that gets rid of its rebels is a society headed for stagnation.
18 years later, still in that mode.

Rebels are necessary. They keep us from being complacent, compliant and inert. They make us fight back with requires energy, thought and action. This is a good thing.

Rebels also sow the seeds of their own destruction. This is not a good thing.

But, someone has to do it.

BTW I abhor poetry and verse. But I was compelled just now to pen this bit.

Rage, rage against the machine
Ye may tilt at a windmill
But the dragon is there
tho others may not see
Rage, rage and rage is life


And now you see partly why I abhor poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.