The Gross National Debt

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Arg. Arg. Arg. Arg.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
And arg again.

The Rev. John Townsend told me over a decade ago, "I don't say everything I want to say from the pulpit." We were involved in a discussion of whether or not say everything we wanted to say. I told him I never bothered to restrict myself, I just said it.

Well, arg.

In yesterday's piece, http://porkbrainsandmilkgravy.blogspot.com/2011/11/de-peepuls-has-speakened.html, I did.

I apologize to you for not giving you the full weight of my opinion.

But in my defense, I do not endorse local candidates for local office. As the editor of the newspaper, I refrain from doing this because so many people put so much weight on my opinion.

My endorsement might cause some people to vote for the endorsed candidate. It would also convince some people to vote against my endorsed candidate. At the local level, that's simply not fair. The national level is a slightly different issue, which I will not go into today.

I do and will endorse local issues - I supported and encouraged people to vote for renewing the Sales Tax. Issues are not people.

So yes as we head into the Sheriff's Election runoff, I do have an opinion. I do know who I will vote for. I do know who I support and why.

And no, I'm not going to tell you.

I also restrained myself in some of my commentary about how local voters did vote. Not much, but some. Those who read between the lines will get the unsaid commentary. So on this item, I do not apologize and I am satisfied with my writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.