The Gross National Debt

Thursday, February 3, 2011

A news roundup with assorted commentary

Invisibility

Now THIS has some serious application potential in hunting. The last deer I shot this past season was looking right at me. She knew I was there, just didn't know what to make of me.
Your author in the new Invisibility Cloak.


Internet phone surfing

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. So much for net neutrality, eh?


Life elsewhere in the universe? Mebbe
Proof that life, albeit not intelligent, CAN exist on other planets.


More idiocy

Regardless of what this news article says, I didn’t read much of it, the fact remains: Politicians cannot legislate reality. Several years ago S. Carolina officially lowered the flood level on the Savannah River in order to let people build homes along the river. The river is not gonna pay a damn bit of attention to what the Damnocrats and Reboobicans say. Saying carbon dioxide is not harmful to humans makes me want to lock these idiot politicians into a room with nothing but carbon dioxide in it.

Tipper Gore would ban this as being harmful. Part of me agrees with her.
NB: This is not a commentary on global warming one way or another. It is a comment about excessive stupidity on the part of people in office.

Yep. Get this one to SCOTUS ASAP

Look. It’s going to SCOTUS eventually. Let’s get it up there, get it ruled on, hopefully turned into a bad memory and move on.


I agree with this one.

Despite me NOT liking Wikileaks, I gotta agree it is doing major things to promote peace around the world.

I still believe in Peace through Superior Firepower. I wish there was a better way.

More evidence of aliens?

Most of these mysterious sightings can be explained rationally. But what about the tiny minority which can’t? Eh? Food fer thought.

Very cool. Kill you to death and then some, but still...


So how do they wanna be killed?
Hey. I'm just providing commentary.

Myself, I say people who are tried and convicted, especially of murder, should be put to death in the same manner which they killed someone. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know the Constitution prohibits cruel and unusual punishment. But the Constitution didn’t do a damn thing to protect the murder victims, did it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.