The Gross National Debt

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

It does work

Some friends on the far left end of the political spectrum enjoy saying that government simply must do far more than it should because people won't.

Ah, no.

Proof.

Private contributions are creating these jail bond funds around the nation. These funds post bonds for po' folk accused of minor crimes. An NPR story I heard this evening (can't find the f'dangin' link) took at look at these funds and had some interesting observations.

Need another example? M'kay. Nursing homes. What amuses me to no end about THIS one is the nursing homes are run by the Catholic Church and draw substantial support from church tithes. Many of my far left friends are also atheist, so I have to ask where are the voluntarily atheist-funded nursing homes? (Was that a cheap shot? Eh. It's 11:30 p.m. I won't get to sleep until 1 a.m. and I'll be up at 6. Been that way for weeks now. Sleep deprivation and all that. Be offended if you must, point stands.)

Roads? My community has a subdivision ordinance. It requires the developer to put in paved roads to DOT specifications before the local gummint will accept the road. Ah. I used to live in Florida county that had a MAJOR development. All private. Including the roads.

Only rich people can afford it? I grew up in a house that was alongside a dirt road. More than once I graded that road, not the county road department. More than once, since then, I've done road work with a shovel. The problem is people aren't willing to put forth the effort.

I could go on, but in the interest of not going on, I won't. Lemme wrap this up with this.

If the only reason you do good works is because you are afraid of being sent to hell, then you are not a good person. I agree.

If the only reason you do good works is because someone holds a gun to your head and demands good works, it does not matter what kind of person you are.

If the truth hurts, yer living wrong.

I've been on an IRS raid. They carry guns. I've written more articles on taxes, collecting taxes and so forth than you can imagine. I know what can will happen if you don't pay your taxes.

Theft is theft.

#HumanUp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.