The Gross National Debt

Monday, July 25, 2016

It does not mean what you think it means

Every so often I check the "blocked" list on my Facebook account.

So far as I can tell I don't have anyone blocked on Twitter which I barely use and Google+ which I do not know how to use.

I look over the list to see who is there, because I forget.

The last time I checked the list I saw names that surprised me. Why is that person blocked? What'd they do? I think about removing the block, but FB reminds me I have to wait 48 hours before blocking them again.

So, leave the list alone and try to remember. Eventually, it comes back to me. Maybe not the exact instance, but certainly why they are booted. Some of them, I can't remember why some are on the blocked list. I had a reason at the time, that's enough.

So what does this have to do with the title?

Forgiveness.

Forgiving someone is not something you do for that person. Forgive for you. Forgive to let go of the anger. Let go of the hate. Let go of resentment. Turn loose of that kinda stuff cause it holds you down and keeps you from being the best you can be.

As I told the guys at prison last night, every person is a jar, a bucket, a box, a container of some sort. The shape is irrelevant. What matters is each person is a container. You can fill that container (yourself) with anything you want to. Once full, that is it. You have to take something out to put more in.

What's in you? If you have hate, then that is taking up room that could be filled with something better. (Bacon!) Why do you want to hate?

"You don't know what they did to me."

So? What have you done to other people? Those people you hate, do you think they care? They may not even know that you are hating on them. Is your hate doing any good for you?

It's like these people I blocked on FB. I don't hate any of them. Whatever they did, it's forgiven. I moved on. Heck, I can't remember why some are blocked. If I see these people on the street, I'll treat 'em like I do everybody else.

Forgiven. It means what happened is over and done with. It means a second chance. It means starting over. From my end.

Not from theirs.

I don't have room for hate. Other people apparently do. I don't have room for that, so they are blocked. When they can let go, I'll welcome them back as if nothing ever happened.

That is what forgiveness means.

#HumanUp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.