The Gross National Debt

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Not checking out yet, just trying to grok

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Say on Say on


Blogspot is being a deep fried _____________ today about posting images. Trying this in HTML...
.
.
.
.
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.

No this is not a repeat column and no you won’t earn points in telling the particulars behind that comment.

I will give you bonus points if you can tell me how many times Woodrow (aka Lazarus Long) hit the suicide switch when he was in the antigeria clinic.

For those wondering WTH I’m talking about, I suggest you read the book Time Enough for Love after
A REAL grand master.
you read this column. RAH’s main character expressed a profound desire to exit stage next realm of existence because he was tired.

He made a bet with another character. The bet was in 1,000 days, the other character had to come up with something Lafe had not done. Lafe lost the bet. Time travel, going back in time, was invented and LL became a time traveler. Intentional and non-Deity directed World line shifts came later in the series timeline.

It was something he’d never done. So it gave him a renewed lease on life and a desire to keep on living.

I do not grok that, but I’m getting closer.

I am but an egg.
I remember sitting at Grandma’s house. There was some concern she had cancer.

“I’m not going to do anything about it,” she said from her recliner.

Grandma was ready to leave. She was not going to shortcut, but when the time came, she did not fear the reaper.

She told all of us, her two surviving children and the grandchildren “I never expected to live this long.”

She told us she was ready to go.

Again, I don’t grok, but I get closer.

No, I am not considering flipping the switch. I'm just mentally musing as I am wont to do periodically. 

Why? Because there are things I still want to do.
Wot's in YOUR bucket?
Some of ‘em I know I won’t get to do unless I win the lottery, suddenly become rich in another fashion or someone out there is incredibly generous.

In case someone REALLY generous comes across this, I wanna go to Africa and shoot a cape buffalo and a warthog. Don’t ask me to pick which I want more ‘cause I spent a sizable part of Sunday trying to decide.

There are other things I want to do, which I shan’t go into here. Some I expect to do. Some I don’t.

These things I want to do are all linked to a quality of life. That’s the most important part.

What I grok is if my quality of life drops below a certain point, I’m not interested in being here any more. What makes up my quality of life has changed over the years and will continue to change. I grok that too.

That’s a major reason I try to not make life-changing decisions without a lot of thought ahead of time.

In simpler terms, there’s just some things I simply am not willing to live without. If I have do do without them, I am not willing to hang around. You grok?
What's on your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.