The Gross National Debt

Thursday, June 9, 2011

I am a radical

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Yes. I have come to the realization that I am a far to the extreme radical because of my beliefs. Many of you have known this for a long time. Some of you have suspected this. A few you will be shocked by this.

In order to explain why I am such a radical, I’ll enumerate in no particular order my beliefs and the reasons why I am a radical.

You can trust government. I have proof it can't be trusted.
We are all the same. All of us.

I own a gun - I carry a gun because I have been threatened with physical violence and attacked once. I carry a gun because 911 is government-sponsored dial-a-prayer (no offense to the GREAT people working those places). The last time I called 911 for police (attempted break-in), it was slightly more than two minutes before they arrived. I have a gun because I cannot afford 24/7 bodyguards.

I believe I have the right to defend myself - If you attack me, I have the right to respond. Whether or not I respond is up to me and the amount of response I give should be proportional to the attack levied. You have the same rights.

I believe in God - I believe in Jesus and I believe that the modern translations of the Bible, including the KJV, are not perfect but do contain plenty of wisdom and are excellent guides for living for everyone, whether they are Christian or not.

I believe in a hand up not a hand out - I will help anyone who is trying for as long and as much as I can. I will not help people who are just looking for a free ride.

If I earn it, it is mine - Just because I have more than you doesn’t mean you have the right to take it, and that includes by government fiat. Just because I have less than you doesn’t give me the right to take it from you, even by government fiat.

I believe in taxes - Some government functions are necessary. Police, Fire, National defense, a national money system, courts.

It's like muscles. Use it or it atrophies.

I believe in free speech - Say on Say on. I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to my death your right to say it, if necessary. Offensive speech is important and should be said because if you look long enough and hard enough, you will find SOMEONE to take offense to anything which is said.

Government cannot give unless it first takes - Government does not manufacture, produce or generate anything without first restricting the rights of others to do the same thing. In some cases this is necessary. In some cases this is not.

If I choose to help someone, that’s my business - What I do with what is mine is no concern of yours unless you can prove it is harming you. At the same time, no one has the right to force me to help someone.

I believe in tithing - I do, really. But I also do not believe in supporting a bloated and parasitic church hierarchy. I believe in a supporting a local church which works in its community, does community outreach and genuinely tries to be connected to people. You cannot force people to return that connection. A church does not need a million dollar building and does not need to send missionaries overseas when people in the church’s community are hurting and hungry and in need.
Sometimes, the truth hurts.


I like and do not like reality - It can be painful. It can hurt. But I’d rather deal with what is real than put on rose-colored glasses and ignore the empirical evidence.

Music, good music, says far more than the notes and words - I don’t care what the music is. Classical, Jazz, Rock, Pop, Southern Fried Rock, Metal, Gospel, Rap. Pick a genre. There is a bunch junk in all the genres too. The trick is to find what’s worthwhile and listen to it and throw the rest in a compost heap.

I believe in voter-driven term limits for elected officials - In other words vote. I do not need a law telling me I can’t vote for someone (Constutitional prohibitions excepted from this statement.) If you don’t like what the person is doing, vote for someone else. If you like what the person is doing vote for ‘em. Voters have the ability to throw anyone out of office at any time. We just have to be willing to do that.

I believe in second chances - I have been given second chances beyond counting.
Too many "Christians" ignore this part.
I believe in forgiveness - This does not contradict with my belief of accountability.

I believe ignorance is curable - Ignorance is simply a lack of knowledge. Stupidity, on the other hand, is a rejection of knowledge and can’t be cure, only eliminated.

Children should be cherished - Feed them. Love them. Respect them. Teach them. Be there for them. You do not need money to be a good parent. You don’t have to be biologically related to be a good parent. You don’t even have to be a parent.

Loud pipes save lives - Purple Haze has a kickin’ set of pipes. Yes, I know it annoys some people, but everyone knows a motorcycle is approaching and they look for it. That keeps me safer. It is not a crime to ride a motorcycle.

Jesus didn’t turn the water into Tang - Look it up.
And it was seriously good stuff too.
Just because I believe it, doesn’t make it right, the truth or something that needs to be - The same applies to you. If you won’t force your beliefs on me, I won’t force mine on you. I’ll be glad to discuss them any time you wish and will extend the same courtesy to you, quid pro quo.

A bad day fishing is not necessarily better than a good day at work.
Sometimes, ya just gotta fish.


A good day fishing is better than a good day at work.

I can be convinced otherwise if you have cogent, sound, reasoned and decent information - My mind is suspect to change with new evidence. Blind adherence to any dogma is unhealthy. But you can’t prove anything with a negative.

Just because I do it, doesn’t mean you should - At the same time just because you do it doesn’t mean I should. What works for you may not work for me and vice versa. It doesn’t mean we shouldn’t try new things. We should.

MOLLY HATCHET - nuf said.

Steak is meant to be served extra rare.

Taters should be fried, mashed or baked.

There’s room for all God’s creatures - right next to the taters.
Preferably fried.

Try it - You might like it. If you don’t, at least you know for sure.

I believe in accepting the consequences for actions - If you do it, you are responsible. Don’t look to place the blame on someone else. Shut up, suck it up and move on. If you need help, and are willing to admit where the real fault lies, I'm there for you. If you are interested in casting blame, go away.

I am a radical.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.