The Gross National Debt

Friday, June 17, 2011

Random brain drippings on Friday morning

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
No coherent theme (as if I ever have one to begin with) in today's posting. Just a series of small items.
Well? Who is the racist?

http://newsone.com/newsone-original/ggaynor/herman-cain-black-america/

Now if I wrote this, a lotta people would call me racist. A lotta people are gonna call me racist for even making this posting. Why?

As Paul recently said, "We all bleed red."

When people insist on being considered based on the amount of melanin in their skin and I insist on considering people based on how well they use what abilities they have, which one of us is really racist?

•••

In my daily newsfeed from Google, I get an inordinate amount of celebrity news. Why? I have specifically turned off the Celebrity and Entertainment news feed.

Is there any way to block all that crap so I only get real news?

•••
BLOCKED! That'll teach 'im.

I do not know how many applications and games I have know blocked through social media Facebook. I only idly wonder.

•••

http://www.irock109.com/wiregrass.php

My weekly humor column. Just in case some of you believe all I can do is rant.

You can also get the column delivered to your email each Friday. doseodrivel-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

•••

Yes.

•••

I checked. It came out fine the first time around. Ask Vickie.

Cheap insurance. Learn it. Live it.
•••

Melanie said she is amused that I have kept the same FB avatar for so long. As she attempted to explain where the Rule 2 came from, I told her I'd seen that movie.

I don't think she believed me.

•••

Yes. The house on S. Main is still for sale right now. Despite numerous offers and two commitments, no one has signed papers.

$10K. 2,000 square feet. Yes, it needs work. $40K will get it to where it needs to be. Less depending on how much work you put into it.

•••

Dammit Merle, write more wudja! That goes for you too HillBilly and Gitch. Lara needs to write more too. The world needs more cogent agitators willing to put words down for all to read and be offended by.

It gives them non-parent approved ideas.
•••

Read more. I mailed s'more books recently. Patty went through her usual spiel. Another Post Office person walked up behind her, hearing what she said. As I said "books" he said "They're only hazardous if you read them."

•••

Thanks MIKE! That was service over, above and far beyond the call of duty.

•••

Why would people pay as much as $26 a share for a company that has never made a profit, has no plans to make a profit and the CEO refuses, repeatedly, to discuss how it might some day make a profit?

Shares of Pandora the radio station plummeted yesterday. I might give you a nickel a share, just enough to get me to about $10 worth of shares.

•••
Hawgin' refuses to explain what GMO is.

I pray. Often.

If you woke up tomorrow and only had the things you thanked God for today, what kinda shape would you be in? I'd be in such good shape I'd need a clone to handle all the blessings.

•••

What works for me may not work for you. What works for you may not work for me. But unless we try, how will we know?

•••

215 (or so) Classic Rock LPs for sale. $500 takes the stack. 2 or 3 are still sealed in the original shrink wrap. Includes some favorites, some rare ones and some collectibles. Frampton Live is included. Contact me.

Individual LPs also available $5 and up depending on the pressing.

•••

If you ignore someone, don't be surprised when they walk away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.