The Gross National Debt

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Redamnocrapitood

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The more things change the more they stay the same.

"For generations, the United States of America has played a unique role as an anchor of global security and as an advocate for human freedom.  Mindful of the risks and costs of military action, we are naturally reluctant to use force to solve the world’s many challenges.  But when our interests and values are at stake, we have a responsibility to act.  That’s what happened in Libya over the course of these last six weeks."

The president has decided the United States is to be the world's policeman, but only where we can be at least somewhat assured of not getting our butts handed to us on a platter.

Which president? Pick one. For the entire time I have been alive, each United States president has committed this nation's military to a military action on foreign soil. Yes huhn. Every one of 'em has either started a war or maintained one.

G'head. Doubt me. Then put $100 on the table. I'll match it. Winner takes all.

Pickin' on the wimps of the world is why we're not taking on China. The Red Giant would be too much for us to handle.

What about Mexico? People are being slaughtered there in the drug wars. What is the US doing about?

Why aren't we doing something? Aside from cheap labor, Mexico doesn't have anything we want. The cheap labor comes here so efficiently we can't stop it if we tried.

Yeah. This nation is the world's bully.

If you read the president's speech (which I linked to) note his words "interests and values." I'm not pickin & choosing here. The president's speeches are carefully vetted and each word is subjected to scrutiny before he every says it. That in mind, notice he never bothers to define what our "interests and values" are.

Freedom? Visit a prison some day. The bulk of folks locked up are there on drug-related charges. Last time I checked, alcohol accounts for far more deaths and fatalities than marijuana. I have yet to meet a person who smoked a joint who wanted to fight. I have met MANY drunks who wanted to take a poke at me.

Freedom? Gonna let homosexuals get married to each other?

Freedom? What's your opinion of the Westboro Baptist Church protests?

Freedom? Cap. Brandon S. Hocking, 24, died after his unit was hit by an improvised explosive device in Samawah, Iraq, the Defense Department said. I wonder how free he feels today.

If you are not willing (note I said willing; I did not say able) put join the military and go to war, then you have no business supporting the wars or supporting orders to send someone else over there to die.

Freedom? If the courts do not intervene we will soon be forced to buy something - health insurance. Nowhere in the Constitution does it say Americans must pay for insurance simply because we exist. Income tax, well, that is Constitutional.

"To brush aside America’s responsibility as a leader and -– more profoundly -– our responsibilities to our fellow human beings under such circumstances would have been a betrayal of who we are.  Some nations may be able to turn a blind eye to atrocities in other countries.  The United States of America is different.  And as President, I refused to wait for the images of slaughter and mass graves before taking action."

 So we're gonna invade Zimbabwae next?

Even better - what about Israel and Palentine? They've been lobbing bombs at each other longer than that idiot in Libya has been alive. The US is funneling MASSIVE amounts of money to Israel, which supports their military effort. How many civilians have to die over there before we starting bombing runs?

Value? Cheap crap from China and a continual flow of oil to keep them gas hogs suckin' down the 87 octane.

Never mind the cost in American jobs as factories go overseas. Let us save a buck in the short term!

There's a reason I don't go in a certain store nor do I allow the store name to appear in venues I control.

Interests? What's Paris Hilton doing with Lady Gaga in Sean Hannity's penthouse?

Never mind the plan to raise income tax again, we gotta find out who's gonna be on American Idiot - I mean Idol next time.

"So for those who doubted our capacity to carry out this operation, I want to be clear:  The United States of America has done what we said we would do."

Really? Ask the Arab nations how they feel about that statement. Ask American Indians. Ask the men who were left with untreated syphilis in the Tuskegee experiments. Ask the 'Nam veterans who fought and fought and fought and continue to fight The United States Government about illness related to exposure to Agent Orange. Ask the veterans who are coming back from the Middle East with war trauma and can't get the help they need.

As a student of political science, I tell you that the United States in the past 200 years has broken more treaties than any other major nation on the globe in the same time frame.

Um, excuse me, but I must have been asleep when it was explained what we are going to do.

Sigh.

The United States has been a great nation. It is a great nation. It will continue to a great nation. But we are sliding because too many people refuse to accept responsibility for their actions. With that in mind, I bring today's reluctant rant to a close with the following:

A while back I posted a link (which I do not intend to dig out) which said our current president is quite a lot like his immediate predecessor. This infuriated damnocrats and reboobicans alike, both of which insisted I and the author of the piece I linked to obviously had no mind to lose to begin with.

In the interest of full parity and equality, I shall henceforth refer to them as Redamnocraps. I define these people as those who swear blind, deaf and absolutely not dumb allegiance to a particular party and that party's idiotology regardless of their personal feelings, opinions and beliefs.

Have a glass of Kool Aid why doncha?

Considering the way I talk about tolerance and acceptance and not attacking people, these redamnocraps may very well take issue with my nomenclature.

If you are one of those people I so reference and you read the president's speech and don't find massive overlaps with what his predecessor did, including the double-talk, lies, evasions so on, then all I can say is my ramblings are not for you.

There is no hope for you, at least from the way I see things, barring a brain transplant. If you can't think for yourself, then get out of the way of the people who actually do think.

That's the way George Washington wanted the nation to run. And you ain't gotta believe me when I say that either. But it won't change the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.