The Gross National Debt

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

And your objection is based on what?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I am reminded of the epithets hurled across the parking lot at our local high school gym during Dubya's second run at being president. Opposing parties set up and yelled at each other about the wars we are involved in.

One side screamed about Dubya "sending my relatives to war." The other side mostly told the anti-Dubya side to shuddup and go home.

Now, we have a seated president who says "all options are on the table" in regard to the situation in Libya.

These same people who hurled such invectives at Dubya and his supporters were also quite rabid in support of the current president.

I remind you the current president has not:

Brought home the troops (alla 'em) from Afghanistan

Brought home the troops (alla 'em) from Iraq

Brought home the troops (alla 'em) from Korea (ya forgot about that one didn't ya?)

Closed the prisoner camps in Cuba

I could go on, but that's enough.

Won't you show your support?
Yet, this president continues to enjoy the unwavering support of these rabid supporters even as he considers involving the US in a war on yet another front.

Let's say the seated prez does sent troops to create a "no-fly" zone in Libya.  Do you really have to wonder what these supporters are gonna say?

James 1:8 - he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.

A passage from the Bible, but one which has application outside the tenets of religion and faith. It means, in case you need interpretation, a person who can't decide, is two-faced and so on can't be trusted. 
Two-Face - Batman arch-foe.

Here's the brain cramper. I am not accusing these people of being two faced.

Nope.

I am accusing them of being solidly of one mind, one accord, one vision and one goal.

Really. I'm not kidding.

I don't like doing this, but if I'm gonna remain true to the principles I espouse, I gotta call 'em like I see 'em. Here goes.

I am accusing them of being racist. These folks and their unwavering support of the president in the face of their incredible opposition to the exact same policies as put forth by other presidents leads me to no other conclusion.

Well, no other conclusion, provided I'm willing to admit these people are sane. I am not completely willing to call these people sane. Holding to a belief which flies in the face of empirical evidence as well as being self-contradictory, well, that sounds like a pretty good definition of someone who is "intellectually bankrupt" as a City Councilman here once called a fellow councilman. He later accused the same Council member of "being three french fries short of a happy meal."

So, I call them racist.

I could be wrong. I am sure someone will tell me how wrong I am.

If you support one president because he does X and then reject another president because he does X .... can someone explain the difference?

I freely admit to being confused. Again, I may be wrong. But the only difference I see goes no deeper than epidermis.

If you support someone because of their tan line, then I suggest you too are intellectually bankrupt.

The worth of a person is not in the skin. To judge a person based on their skin is to be racist. I don't give a flying obscenity which way you judge the person, positive or negatively. It's still racism.

To further support that person, or reject the person, especially for political office because of their skin, well I do not suggest people who do this are intellectually bankrupt. I say these people make stupid people look like Rhodes scholars.
Here's yer sign.

Besides which, to say a person is "colored" is a truth applicable to everyone. You may accuse me of being obtuse, but keep reading. I am not co-opting anyone's perceived cultural or racial identity.

Some long while back I said I have yet to meet a transparent person. Every person I have ever met had a skin color. Some of 'em lack melanin and have a skin color that is a very lightly shaded blue-green-red - they are albinos or have a skin condition which destroyed the pigment producing cells in their skin. But they have color.

I have color. You have color.

I am, officially and proud of it, to be a person of color. I am not transparent.

I am further proud that I support people who run for office and are in office based on what they can do, will do and what they have done in the past, which gives me an indicator of how they will act in the future.

Join me. The Few. The Proud. The ones who can think for ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.