The Gross National Debt

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Calling it racist doesn't mean I don't support it

.
.,
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
..
Yer getting Friday's blog today because Friday starts THE FIRE ANT FESTIVAL and I'm going to be working my posterior to the bone.

Rebel & Paula on their wedding day.
Normally I do not like classifying anything according to a minor difference in ancestry. I have, do and will continue to call such things racist.

Back me into a corner, and I’ll tell  you even the matter I write about today is racist. But I still support it. Why? Cause something needs to be done.

An excellent blog on the marriage as seen from a segment of the aforementioned culture. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/25/AR2006032500029.html

Telling quote: "Marriage is for white people."

The young man so opining in this article is apparently not kidding.

According to US Census data from 2005:

    •    50% of African American children live in single parent families headed by the mother

Take 'em as you will.
    •    25% of Hispanic kids live with a single mother

    •    16% of non-Hispanic white children reside with a single mom

    •    10% of Asian kids live with a single mother

    •    4-5% of children of all races live with a single father

Study, after study, after study, after study proves kids do better when raised in a two parent household. Studies are not definitive enough, in my opinion, about same sex couples raising kids, but initial indicators show no difference in kids raised by same sex parents and kids raised by a man and woman, provided this is all done under the same roof.

I will take this a step further: Relationships under the same roof which do not have the sanction of clergy or the state do not last as long as those which are so sanctioned. In other words, the two parents who commit to a ritual or ceremony to unite their lives stay together longer than those who do not.

Yes. I know there are exceptions to this. I speak to a majority of couples.

Even more studies show that these children being born to single moms are born into a household where the mom is poorly educated. Yes, I also know this ain’t the case everywhere, but it is a majority.

Yet other studies show one of the major indicators of a child’s eventual level of education is determined by looking at Mom’s education. In other words, the kid can be expected to achieve the same level of education as mom. Furthermore, kids raised in a two parent household also tend to have higher education levels.

So yeah. Black Marriage Day is racist in my book, but the facts in this one are adding up to a very real racial divide on the subject of marriage. Because I don’t like that the notion is racist doesn’t mean I’m gonna sit here and ignore reality.

Something needs to be done to bring about more unity in the segment of our nation’s culture.

I ain’t supporting Black Marriage Day for the couples getting married. I am doing it for kids.

Kids deserve to have a full time momma and a full time daddy.

Go Black Marriage Day Go!

And here's to hoping Rebel and Paula wind up with a houseful of kids so I can borrow 'em periodically and return 'em when I am done making them think like I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.