The Gross National Debt

Monday, August 15, 2011

A sight to see

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Cue Rod Serling and the  funky music.
Dee Doo Dee Doo Dee Doo Dee Doo
If you happened to be in the south part of Ashburn late Saturday morning, you might have seen an old pickup truck rolling down US Highway 41. Not unusual that.

The truck had a chain attached to the bumper. Again, this being S. Georgia, not unusual.

Wrong South Georgia.
Attached to the chain was a 50-60 foot tree.

By now I am certain you know who was behind the truck wheel. I was, in case you needed a stronger hint.

"Only you Baker," you say.

No doubt you are wondering WHY I was spending my Saturday morning doing this.

'Cause I was told to do it.

"Who told you to haul a tree down Highway 41?"

Technically no one told me to haul a tree down Highway 41. Rather, I was instructed to remove the tree from the property where it lay. So I did.

Dunno if anyone got pictures.

REMEMBER THE LORAX!
Lacking a chain saw and not wanting to leave a tree blocking the sidewalk for the weekend, I pulled the tree down to my house where it could sit in the Right Of Way, but be out of the way until the City public works crews can get to it. They'll haul it to the chipper.

Since you are wondering, I did not cut down the tree to begin with. Someone else did, leaving me with the necessity of removing it.

Whilst hauling said tree, I also passed the mayor and chairman of the Board of Education. Thinking quickly, I called and made sure the mayor had seen me dragging the tree.

I did that so I'd have proof of my activities.

I have more trees to haul out as well. Why? Cause I was told to do it.

"Who, why, how, when?" you ask?

In order to protect some folks who are just trying to do their job and some folks who, through no fault of their own, are also involved in this tree-removing matter, I shan't say in this forum. However, if you'd like to know (which is FAR more boring than what I've written here), I'll tell you privately.

Part of me is expecting this to backfire on me. Despite doing what I was told to do, and despite trying to be careful about it, I must admit there's a bit of snarky-ness to this. Just a bit. Possibly more.

Yes, Margaret, I'm still doing it.

If things don't go as planned, it won't be the first time. It's also not gonna be the last time.
Sometimes. Sometimes it's just fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.