The Gross National Debt

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Taking the moral high ground

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
It’s amazing to me how many people think that voting to have the government give poor people money is compassion. Helping poor and suffering people yourself is compassion. Voting for our government to us guns to give money to poor and suffering people is immoral, self-righteous bulling laziness. People need to be fed, medicated, educated, clothed and sheltered. If we’re compassionate, we’ll help them, but you get no moral credit for forcing other peep to do what you think is right. There is great joy in helping people, but no joy in doing it at gunpoint.

Penn Gillette

Some people are gonna argue that no one is forcing me, at gunpoint, to help poor people.
I'm from the government...

Some people need to get out of Plato's Cave and into reality.

My taxes go to fund government subsidies of poor people.

I'm forced to subsidize people who deliberately get so fat they can collect disability checks.

Why?

Such people exist in the town where I live.

You may say I'm not being held at gunpoint to do this. I ask you, what will happen if I refuse to pay taxes? The revenue collectors will certainly come after me. Some of them carry firearms. Depending on how egregious the non payment of taxes is, guns figure into it more and more.

Al Capone was incarcerated for income tax evasion. As a result, he was surrounded by guns pointed at him. Capone's refusal to pay taxes which was giving his money to poor people against his will, resulted in him being forced at gunpoint to do other things he also did not want to do.

Do not think this is confined to Liarberals. The Cantservative crowd is JUST as guilty. Even the Teabaggers are complicit in taking my money and giving it to people against my will. I have YET to met a Teabagger who didn't have his hand out for something from the government. Doubt I ever will.

The only difference in the groups is who gets the money.

A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury.


Alexander Fraser Tytler

The problem with taking my money and giving it to people (causes, programs or events) against my will is this sets a precedent. To be completely fair, you must allow me to take your money and give it to people, causes or events against your will.

You sure you wanna go there?

The only moral high ground when it comes to money is let people spend it how they wish as long as they aren't hurting someone else.

In that regard, I'm far more moral than most of the people who will vote in the coming elections.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.