The Gross National Debt

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Lead, follow or get out of the way


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
A longtime friend asked what keeps you (a group you not me specifically) going or not going.


I ask the same of you this morning.
No I said turn RIGHT, RIGHT!

Something motivates you to get up in the morning and start moving. For some people the motivation is going to the bathroom. Seriously. They appear to have no greater goal in life than to no soil the place where they sit.

Of course there are rare occasions of people who don't bother to move at all. I recall the recent case of a person who sat down in a chair and didn't moved from it for years.

Yeah. What you are thinking. Uhn.

Set aside the people who are too lazy to be bothered with actually having a life. If you are one, quit reading now and go back to find out what Lando Calrissian, or whatever their names are, is up to.

What motivates you? If it's only paying the bills ... I don't know what to say.

What motivates me? Waiting to see what happens next is a large part of it. With two teenagers at home, a lot happens frequently. It's never boring. Sometimes more exciting than I want, but that comes with it.

There are some things I have yet to do. Some of my goals I'll probably never reach, but I'm gonna try.

One thing that motivates me is I enjoy, really and truly enjoy, my job. I get up in the morning and look forward to coming to work. I realize some people don't understand that because they hate their job. Ain't my problem. I was smart enough to get a job I like.

So what motivates you? What drives you? Are you enjoying what you do?

Regardless, it all comes down to you. You are the one in charge of your situation. If you don't like where you are, do something about it or it's just going to get worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.