The Gross National Debt

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Missing the point



.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
This ain't about politics, but I use it to make a point.
'shopped image, but accurate.

Among the other failings of Yellow Dog Damnocrats and Blue Dog Reboobicans is they claim to understand the follow the Golden Rule, but they lie. Better description - they are hypocrites. They say one thing and do another.

For those unfamiliar with the above expressions, it means a YDD would vote for a yellow dog on the ballot if it had Damnocrat next to the name. Same thing, different color, for a BDR.

This failing is not confined to those of a political stripe. Those of the Liarberal and Cantservative idiotology persuasions by and large must also be grouped with the YDDs and BDRs.

What is the Golden Rule?

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

As the write Rev. (pun intended for Rebel) Robert Fulghum wrote, all I really need to know, I learned in kindergarten. Paramount among these lessons is the Golden Rule.

When I turn the other cheek, I'm reaching for my backup.
Is it more complicated than that?
Not really.

And before someone decides to go Philadephia Lawyer on me, yes I admit applying that maxim opens you up to a world of hurt.

Doesn't mean you have initiate the hurt. For sure, I'm all in favor of an Eye for an Eye and etc, but I'm gonna let the other person start hostilities. But when it comes time for an opening salvo, how about a hand of peace?

If it's rejected, you tried. If the other side comes back swinging and not on a tire hanging off a giant pecan tree limb, then swing back for sure.

Too many people, especially those I reference above, prefer the concept - Do unto others before they do unto you. They come in swinging a bat and they are not looking to connect with a leather covered ball of twine.


Would that it worked this way.

You may be a Damnocrat, Reboobican, Liarberal or Cantservative. You may even take offense at my nomenclature. If you are one of those, do you practice the Golden Rule. If the rules you apply in dealing with other people were applied to you, would you be happy?


You can lie to yourself and lie to me. Doesn't mean I'm gonna believe you.


Seriously. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

It's a lesson that seriously needs to be applied, especially among our leaders whether they are elected or not.

For our elected leaders, a brief primer for the things they forgot.

And for the rest of us, a gentle reminder as well.
That was easy.

Someone please tell me, what's so complicated about this? Why can't people get this through their heads?

I promise I won't attack you if you don't attack me.

I promise I'll keep my hands out of your wallet if you keep your hands out of my wallet.

If you genuinely need help, I'll do whatever I can.  I don't give hand outs, except at Halloween and you better be under 4 feet tall and in a costume. I give hand ups. Sometimes I need a hand up as well.

And, how about leave me alone unless I really need help and ask for help.

Yeah, maybe all this is sophomoric, juvenile and childish. That don't mean it can't work and it sure don't mean it's not the right way to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.