The Gross National Debt

Monday, January 16, 2012

This one is simple


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The couple of times I have addressed a similar topic in the past, I get my brain handed to me with a plate of scrambled eggs.

Why this topic engenders such heated replies and comments that I am a world class idiot, I just do not know.

It's not brain surgery. It is about the most simple thing around.

More in a moment. First eyeball this link. Now until I read this, I though the idea of "brown" fat was a joke. I am still not entirely certain it's a joke.

I remember watching many years ago a guy who was very large play tennis. He said it was hard for him to lose weight, despite playing tennis as he regularly did, because he had brown fat. (I may be misremembering parts of this. I do know he was fat, said he played tennis and said it was hard to lose weight.)

Hungry yet?
In one of my previous columns about weight loss a secretary at a college in Virginia, who is also a diabetic, shredded me. Said I did not know what I was talking about. After chewing on my like she no doubt chewed a 5-pork chop dinner, she kicked me to the curb and I ain't heard from her since.

Regardless. The simple facts of the situation have NOT changed.

If you happen to be among the nutritionally blessed - fat - there is a simple way to lose weight. Note - I said simple. I did not say easy. Furthermore as those who have seen my pictures and those know me will admit, I know whereof I speaketh.

Eat less. Move more.

That's it. Period. End of story. Nuf said. No questions needed or accepted nor will any complaints be considered.
This is not me. And it's gonna get me yelled it.

Eat less. Move more.

It is that simple. Now this secretary chick argued with me extensively, no doubt she was chomping chocolate bonbons at the same time. She pretty much said I had no idea what I was talking about.

Her attitude was one far too common in the world today. She refused to accept responsibility for her condition. She blamed her diabetes for her being fat.

Huh?

If her diabetes went away, she'd not be fat any more? How much you wanna bet she got diabetes 'cause she was too fat and exercised too little?

But that is too simple. It required her to accept the consequences of her actions. In other words, that idea required her to live in this place I call Reality.
Where we are all Supermodels.

Reality is not a pleasant place to be. The sole advantage to living in Reality is - there are no lies.

Anyway, it's still simple. If you take in FEWER calories than you burn, you will lose weight. You have no choice.

If you burn 1,500 calories in a day and take in 1,499 you will lose weight. Not very fast, but you will. You have to. That one calorie you used and did not ingest has to come from your reserves.

If you continue this process, you will eventually burn off every bit of fat in your body. Then your body will start cannibalizing less necessary parts of your body to keep the most vital parts running.

Keep that up long enough and you'll die. You will die incredibly thin, though.

All that being said, I do need to lose weight. I'm also the only person who can do it. I am the only person responsible for it.

This one is easy.

I will do it when I decide to and not before. If you too wish to lose weight, quit smoking, or many other things that you wish to do, then you will when you want to. Until you want to do it, you won't.

Until you decide you want to do it, you won't.

It's that simple. I do not say it is easy, just simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.