The Gross National Debt

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Who's zoomin' who?

.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Aretha (and if you need a last name for that, stop reading this blog now, leave and never come back) once sang "Who's Zoomin' Who?" She sang about someone trying to put one over on another person. The other person, in this case, was more clever than the purported wit.

I am here reminded of the King's Foole. In the time of monarchs and especially in Shakespearean era plays, the King's Foole was no fool at all. He was extremely wise and counted among the king's advisers.

The fool had the ability to do something which would have resulted in the death of anyone else. The fool could insult the king and get away with it.

Now to the meat of today's blog. As I do not watch TV (I'm not smart enough), I have to rely on second hand reports. So I draw your attention to a show which I believe is called "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo."

I don't know the premise of the show nor do I care. I think the participants are from Georgia. I do warn you, I'm about to express a sentiment that is going to offend people and some others will misunderstand what I'm saying.
Google says this is a HBB image. I do not know.

In another time and place and, if they had better tans, I believe this family would be called a bunch of niggers. Since they are not blessed with melanin, they are "white trash." Semantics...

Anyway, this show is watched by hordes of people, most of whom enjoy feeling superior to this family.

A family that is making some serious money appearing in a reality TV show.

A family that is appearing on TV (and computer) screens around the world and is packing in money faster than the vast majority of the viewers can.

Who's zoomin' who? asks the King's Foole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.