The Gross National Debt

Friday, January 11, 2013

Looking for expert advice Part II

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Yesterday I left you hanging. Before I cut the rope, let me tell you this book from which I quote has changed my thinking a bit on a subject important to me, and I've only read 20 percent of the book.

If you need a refresher of yesterday, here ya go.

After the completed paragraph is read, I wonder how many yesterday agreed with the law enforcement statements yesterday and will now backtrack faster than a Congressman caught with his hand in a secretary's blouse.

Lemme cut the rope. Here's the completed paragraph.

"Mail in surveys are seldom accurate, because only those who feel intensely about an issue are likely to respond, but the provide the best information that we have on police officer views. A 2005 mail survey for 22,000 chiefs of police and sheriffs conducted by the National Association of Chiefs for Police found that 92 percent believed that law-abiding citizens should continue to be able to purchase handguns for self defense. Sixty percent thought that a national concealed-handgun permit law will "reduce the rate of violent crime.: The Southern States Police Benevolent  Association surveyed its 11,000 members during June of 1993 (36 percent responded) and reported similar findings: 96 percent  of those who responded agreed with the statement "People should have the right to own a gun for self-protection," and 71 percent did not believe that stricter handgun laws would reduce the number of violent crimes."
Reading the 3rd edition.

Now, I have probably lost some readers, torqued a few more and have some cheering.

The book More Guns Less Crime is by John R. Lott Jr., a noted economist.

Yesterday I also promised to prove to you how NOT doing what law enforcement suggests is racist.

"It was, after all, the defenselessness of the Negroes (denied legal rights to keep and bear arms by state law) from attack by night riders — even to protect their own lives, their own families, and their own homes — that made it imperative that they, as citizens, could no longer be kept defenseless by a regime of state law denying them the common right to keep and bear arms," wrote Duke University Law profession William Van Alstyne.

This is verifiable history folks. Do not take my word for it. Read the pre-Civil Rights era and a few post Civil Rights era laws to find out for yourself.

Given the demographics of my readership, I doubt I have made anyone seriously mad. But I do say if you favor gun control, then history shows you are a racist.

http://www.a-human-right.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.