The Gross National Debt

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Cause I can't resist the challenge


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Few things crank my tractor (and if you ever spent time around a John Deere 4020 you know the significance of that statement) like hate mail.

Charged. Pumped. Amped. Stoked. Fired up. Kickin. Insert extremely active descriptive phrase of your choice here.

Why? Not entirely certain. Probably has a lot to do with my being a rebel and one of the outcast. Setting aside the psychoanalysis, I still like hate mail.

The more inflammatory, threatening and heated the more I like it. Having been the recipient of death threats in the past, I must say I get an extra jolt from these. Topping my list of hate mail death threats are the ones I get from Animal Rights Activists.

I am presently on the receiving end of disjointed, obfuscatory, self-incriminating and contradictory diatribe on Facebook. You can find it on my page if you wish. You may have some problem in deciphering what is being said.

FEED ME!
Part of me feels quite guilty about engaging this person. Why?

He claims to be a Christian. I claim the same thing. Christians do not treat each other like this. Those who do treat each other like this and claim to be Christian are not, at least to my thinking.

Am I doing the right thing here? Am I living the kind of life I should be living? What kind of role model am I being?

Ain't good. Nope. Nope. Nope.

But I also do not claim to be perfect. I'm trying to get there, but the road is long and my legs are short.

Another part of me is massively enjoying this. As Shag said, if you attack me, I'll get face cramps from grinning. So far I've warded off the muscle spasms in my cheeks and jaws.

If you bother to check a bit you'll see the individual lists himself as disabled. I do not know his disability and while I might speculate, I shan't share these private thoughts with you. If you bothered to read the thread, you may have come to the same conclusions I have.

You may now wonder why I can take such delight in sparring with such a person. To be momentarily childish - he started it. Just for the record here, you do the same thing. Rather than take the mature adult road, you too will occasionally drop into 5 year old mode and do battle with mud, bodily excretions and other noisome materials.
That's not me. Bring a knife to a gun fight if you like.

Further if you have read the thread, you'll see this is not a battle of wits. One person in this fight is unarmed. You can figure out who.

So why am I taking on this incredibly obviously unbalanced argument? Because the other side of this argument claims to be a rational, cogent, coherent, terrestrial-autochthon Homo sapiens, thinks he's my cerebral superior and intends to prove it.

I can't resist a challenge like that.

Furthermore, as one of my favorite college professors, Jim Joseph, said. "Ben enjoys deflating stuffed shirts."
To put it another way, I'm a type of sadist. I take enormous delight in pointing out a person's self-contradictory beliefs, statements and actions, delusional beliefs and opinions. The harder they fall the more I like it. Bringing down an edifice of personal code brings me immense satisfaction, but only if the other person tries to rebuild as I tear down.

In other words, the harder they fight me, the more I enjoy it.

The only difference between me and you (if there is one) in this regard is I admit it. You do enjoy having the winning side in a debate.


If you look through this column hard enough, you're probably going to find the same inconsistencies which I so eagerly point out. S'ok. I know they are there and they do not bother me. I might even point them out to you if you ask. I'm not about to argue them with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.