The Gross National Debt

Monday, March 26, 2012

Oh yes she did


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
WARNING: Intense rant follows.


I must consider the source.

This is what I keep reminding myself. I tell myself, in my opinion, the source is about as reliable as a politician.

That ain't helping much. Maybe by putting it down here, it will help.

She called me a racist.

I about came unstuck. Might have, could have and should have run through my brain. Reality is I was so taken aback I couldn't do much more than what I did.

She, in this case, is an entity who rolled through the FAF midway on a golf car with a stereo blaring. I told her she'd have to get the cart out off the grounds. She objected. I persisted. Politely. I pointed out she was NOT a member of the FAF committee and therefore had to get the cart off the grounds.

That didn't sit well. She told a pass friend I was making her get the cart out "because I'm black."

I should not have written that. I'm mad again. I will get over it.

Anyway, I told the Sheriff about the cart. He said she'd not be allowed back on the grounds with the golf cart. He later told me I should have also reported that she called me a racist.
 
Back with friends, I told them what happened. Paula and Rebel (who are married) said I should have come and gotten her, taken her back to the golf cart and repeated the remark. Glad I didn't. We don't need bloodshed at the FAF.

The same entity, I am told, later asked law enforcement about the golf cart policy. I am told she also checked in with other members of the FAF committee, some of whom she thought would identify with her complaint.

She was quickly put to rights and I was vindicated.

This is not the first time I've been attacked for what I do at the FAF. It won't be the last. At least this woman had the guts to say what she did in my hearing. She is not a coward, unlike the people who snipe at me behind my back and get others to do their complaining for them.

Consider the source, Benjamin, consider the source.

Anyway, mine was not the only "golf cart" incident of the festival. Some other committee members got double barreled attacks as well.
Idiots happen.

It's happened in past festivals as well. Will probably happen again.

Again, we must consider the source. 99.9 percent of the people are happy with the FAF and the way it's done. That remaining .1 percent ... nah. They aren't worth any more of my time.

In case you are wondering, golf carts, 4-wheelers and so forth are not allowed on the Festival midway. It's security and liability. Emergency services and the Boy Scouts (who haul off garbage) are allowed. No one else. We do make exceptions for committee members who transport handicapped people or to make large deliveries of ice to vendors. That's it.

This policy makes people mad, especially since Ashburn does have a golf cart ordinance allowing people to use golf carts on City streets. But during the FAF, the street where the FAF is located, is closed to vehicle traffic. Golf carts are considered vehicles.

And, while I'm here, if you are in Turner County and object to this FAF policy, then you are invited to become a part of the FAF committee and work to change the policy. For that matter, if you are driving distance of Turner County, you are welcome to be a part of the FAF committee.

Call 567-3655 for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.