The Gross National Debt

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Big money walking

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The protests in Wall Street and other financial districts around the nation amuse me.
And so are small children with a box.


For that matter, most protests amuse me. Unfortunately the amuse quickly turns to annoyance.

I am amused because the people protesting, by a very very wide majority and margin, got what they asked for.

That it was not what they wanted is the problem. Cognitive dissonance doesn't allow them to connect the dots in order. Enter annoyance and elevated blood pressure.

Consider the statements made by two people who protested in Wall Street and were interviewed.

Person 1: Upset about the economic situation and specifically complained he and others like him would not be able to repay their student loans.
You can never underestimate the intelligence of the masses.


Uh. Solution? Don't take out the loans. You can go to college without loans, it's just harder to do.

Person 2: Upset that "big money" runs the nation and the politicians.

Solution? Who'd you vote for? It's better than 90 percent that IF you voted, you voted for a candidate backed by big money. This idea got wide support, especially among those who self-identify as 99 percenters. The 99 percenters are the people who are not the 1 percent richest people in the nation. That's about as far as I can go in identifying with them.

Why do people vote for the "big money" candidates?

Do not tell me "there was no other choice." I do not want to call you a liar, but I will if you insist on such prevarication.
Where my ho at? Oh I see you now.


"Well. I didn't know anything about the other candidates."

And whose fault is that, oh ye consumers of American Idiot, Jersey Whores and whatever the other brain-rotting programs you watch are named? How much times did you invest in researching and learning about the other candidates?

"Voting for those other candidates is wasting a vote."

And the alternative? Vote for the "big money" and then complain about the "big money?" Perhaps, don't vote at all? How is this better than voting for lesser known candidate?

Ah. Did I step on your toes about hip level?

If the truth hurts, you ain't living right.
But you already know this one...

Don't complain about the worm sandwich when you are the one who opened the bait can.

All I'm saying is own up to what you do and be man enough to take the consequences of your actions without blaming someone else.

I pride myself on not being smart enough to be a liberal or a conservative under today's definitions. You make interpret that comment however you wish.

All I know is that I know nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.