The Gross National Debt

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Ummmm, what?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I'm not normally one to comment on pop culture, but this time I gotta say
http://www.npr.org/blogs/therecord/2011/12/07/143275658/what-no-heart-questioning-this-years-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-inductees
Once again, KISS was not given the nod. Guns N Roses was.
Rock & ferkin' ROLL!

I will not deny the impact on metal which GNR has made. But I will argue the impact of KISS is far greater. In terms of impact on the music industry, rock and roll and heavy metal, few bands can equal KISS. GNR certainly cannot equal KISS.

Heart is also not making the grade this year.

"Funk pioneers Rufus and Chaka Khan, rap standard-bearers Eric B & Rakim, disco goddess Donna Summer, Latin-influenced rockers War and soul hitmakers The Spinners were all nominated and denied," writes Ann Powers.

Hah? The Sex Pistols (2006) made the cut and War didn't? Not arguing that Sid Vicious et al don't belong cause they do. But War didn't? C'mon people!

I am told a small group of people get to cast votes to decide who gets into this list. I'm wondering what they listen to.

'course MOLLY HATCHET ain't made it in either, which tells me all I really need to know about the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
Nuf said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.