The Gross National Debt

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Because you (we, I, him, her, them) wanna be

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Like a lotta people I have watched with morbid fascination at the stories of people who are literally too fat to move.  I also wonder about the people who can still get up and around, but are close to the tipping point.
 Someone might say this is a case of gratuitous finger pointing, but to those people I say I climbed three mountains in December, two with snow on 'em, and with a loaded rifle in each case. Certainly not Rocky Mountains climbs, but the Smokeys are still mountains.

Anyway I have a couple-three things to observe about these kinda folks.

If only...
When a person gets so fat they cannot move, they gotta have help staying that way. If you can't get up to get food, someone has to bring it to you. Like this guy.

A variety of expletives preceded by the words "what the" are running through my mind right now. I'm all for helping people who need a hand, but I will not enable people. If you absolutely cannot do for yourself, I'll help, but it's gonna be limited. Either you are gonna grow up (as in the case of babies) or died (as in the case of terminally ill folks in hospice).

I just don't get that kind of enabling. In the first article I link to above, is a clue: During their last appearance, Oz labeled them both addicts: She's addicted to being a manipulator; he's hooked on being bossed around. "And both fear that dynamic will change when Colleen loses the weight," says Oz.

Colleen, in case you didn't click the link, weighs 700 something pounds. Presumably she can still walk short distances. Regardless.

I also wonder what these folks do about certain biological functions. You know what I'm talking about and you have to have wondered too. In the case of one of these people above, it appears nothing was done about biology.

Aaaight. This one is just cute. I found it looking for an image for here.
What do they do? Roll 'em over and hose 'em down with a fire hose?

There are some people who are massively fat and still somewhat mobile. Although how long they will continue to be ambulatory is questionable.

Pretty much all of these people, and certainly all the ones I know, complain about being so fat. They do not want to be fat, so they say.

I ain't buying it.

Without exception, all the fat people I know who are fat are that way because they want to be fat. Yours truly included.


Don't wanna be fat? Lose weight.

"It's not that easy, Baker," you say.

You are welcome to lie to me. Doesn't mean I'm gonna believe it.

Yeah, I call 'em like I see 'em.

Losing weight is easy. Pathetically easy.

Developing the will to lose weight responsibly and then keep it off, aye, there's the rub.

"Well, that's what I meant," you say.

I am more inclined to believe that because of the linguistic shortcuts we take in communicating with each other.

Still doesn't change the bottom fact.

Fat people are that way because they want to be.


You don't have to like that fact or accept that fact. Ain't gonna change it.

If you don't want to be fat, you won't be. No one is forcing you to eat more than you really need to live. You choose to eat that much.

You can, quite literally, eat nothing but twinkies and lose weight. Yes, you can. I'll put money on that, as much as you want.

Like so much else in life, it comes down to taking personal responsibility.

You are in charge of you. The sooner you get that idea down, the happier you will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.