The Gross National Debt

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Freedom






.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
May be some legal action pending. As I am not a lawyer, although I despise most of them, I cannot say for sure.


And be proud of your sign brother!
In looking up links on this story, I found plenty of derivative news articles, precious few first hand accounts and apocryphal accounts of what may have happened, including blocking the protesters in at the hotel, slashing their tires and so forth.

I am doubtful of the hotel blocking thing, because it's my understanding that the church uses a bus to go to a from such protests. That leads me to believe they do not stay over night in the community.

Further, I am not in favor of slashing their tires. Nope nope nope nope.

That is just wrong. It sinks well below their level. While I periodically have no problem in sinking to someone else's level, or even below, in order to definitively prove what such people are, slashing tires is a criminal act. Westboro church members, in their protests, have not committed a criminal act.
 
I also find a story of a Westboro church member in the Miss. community ahead of the protest getting clobbered to be highly unlikely. That is not their M.O. 
Blocking the vehicles at the motel and all area tow companies being a bit too busy right then to help. Legal? Ehhhh. Motels are generally private property. Questionable.

There is some apocrypha I do find appealing.


I will not comment on what I think of introducing Westboro members to some vigilante justice.

Tire repair shops refusing to help. Legal. I like it. A lot. Westboro absolutely has the right to protest. Businesses also absolutely have the right to refuse to serve church members.


The community also had the right to turn out en masse and stage their own protests to block the Westboro crew.
 United we stand. If divided, we will fall.

What was Jesus' only unanswered prayer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.