The Gross National Debt

Monday, October 21, 2013

Well. That was stupid. Sort of.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
So I got re-bent this morning going over a major news event in my community. Not a good way to start a Monday morning. Got over that.

Somewhat justified anger in that one.

Then, after lunch I got mad again about something that hasn't happened, probably never will happen and if I remember my state laws correctly, can't happen! Sheesh. Talk about over-reacting...

Anyway, here's the setup. I signed Jesse up for another hunting trip with an outfit that is supposed to take handicapped kids hunting, pay for everything and etc. If I sound less than enthusiastic, it's because I am.

Of all the people who've promised to take Jesse hunting, two have delivered. One group I'm personally associated with and Chris & Jock in Washington State. So far we're batting less than 30 percent on hunting trips.

So this afternoon I also signed up our farm for handicapped kids hunting. The only requirements are the kids can shoot whatever they want, provide it's not a pet or a human. Willing to make an exception for some humans.

I got to thinking about this and hunting and what might happen if a kid kills something out of season and the game warden comes along.

That's where I got mad. A series of possibilities resulting in me getting mad.

My ire was directed at the hypothetical game warden in this case. There's no way I'd let him take the kid's animal or write the child a ticket. He'd have to ticket me and then come court day, I'd explode in righteous indignation.

I calmed down and reflected, it'd have to be a seriously cold-hearted game warden to ticket a handicapped child on a hunt of a lifetime. Then as I remember, Georgia law allows people with a terminal illness to hunt deer any time they want to. Which is the way it should be.

So. Calm now and sharing my foolishness with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.