The Gross National Debt

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Abominable Care made sim - No. It can't be simple

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I warn you now, I am wrong. So are you because I can find a plethora of experts who can prove you and I are wrong. I can also find other experts to prove they are wrong.

So, just to see what it would be, logged into a few different sites where you can supposedly get what Abominablecare will cost you.

Depending on the site you visit and whom you believe, my annual insurance cost is $0 to $400+ per month. This depends on the insurance company, the website, how many live sacrifices I made at the last full moon, the bribes I have accepted, the plan I choose, the metallic level of coverage (lead is not an option nor is aluminum) whether or not the website admin had sex last night and a great number of other completely irrelevant factors.

If you can get in, here's the Georgia version of the ACA.

Here's what one site promises:
According to all the sites I have found, I am also eligible for a "subsidy" of about $1500, as best I remember. This is how my cost of $0 to $450 a month is computed.

I am also required, under law, to get insurance or I am fined.

So. With this information, here's my take on this plan:

I am required under the law to take money I have not earned from people I do not know and will never meet.

If I do not take this money, then this same law penalizes me.

This is forced robbery. Either I take from people whether they are willing to give or not or that same item is taken from me against my will.

Forced robbery.

I am also told this "subsidy" is in the form of a tax credit.

Ah.

If I understand this, which I don't, this means I still have to pay the monthly premiums, which I cannot afford. Then, once a year, I get to deduct the cost of the insurance from my income. This lowers the amount of taxes I have to pay.

It is not a 1:1.

For every dollar I pay, if I did, in health insurance, I wind up getting less than 30 cents back in my refund.

The alternative is to get back less in my tax refund. With the fine at 1 percent of my taxable income, the drop in my refund is insignificant to what I have to pay in premiums.

If this math is correct it is far cheaper for me to not get insurance.

Except, I am of course wrong as a lot of people have already told me. Each has a different explanation of why I am wrong, all the others are wrong and why they are correct.

2 comments:

  1. Yup, sounds like you understand it pretty well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quit your job then you get your healthcare for free AND a tax break on taxes you most likely don't pay. See, easy.

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.