The Gross National Debt

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Are these even the right questions?


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.







Read and come back.   

http://anarchistsoccermom.blogspot.com/2012/12/thinking-unthinkable.html

Not too long ago the community where I live had a similar child enrolled in school. The family moved away, taking the child out of school.

I heard some time after the move, the child set a fire in the house the family lived in and all died.

Gut shot.

I hear of (and have seen) children like this. I have to ask, do we have the capability of helping and treating children like this? Can we … for lack of a better word, untwist them?

I’m sure people like the two children mentioned about could be drugged into a semi-catatonic state in which they would be no threat to themselves or anyone around them (except maybe being hurt by falling).

Is that really the way these people need deserve to be treated?

In other places and other times, there was a solution.

Such people were either killed out hand, died in a fight or locked up and locked away where they could only hurt themselves. Certainly exorcisms were tried.

I didn’t say it was a happy solution.

If we presently lack the capability to help these people, then what do we do?

I do not have the answers. Frankly, I’m not entirely sure I’m even asking the right questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.