The Gross National Debt

Monday, December 10, 2012

Cause you don't wanna know

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Raise your hand if you know someone very well who has died from leukemia or has suffered from this dread disease.

OK, now raise your other hand if you know, at least as well as the person with leukemia, the Mexican-American singer who died in a plane crash.

Now lemme tell you researchers have modified the virus that leads to AIDS to affect leukemia and how the body fights off cancer.

I now ask you, which is the more important story?

Which story will dominate the news for the next week or so? How many of you had even HEARD of the Mexican singer prior to the plane crash?

BA should get one of these for Christmas.
It is hard to put into words the revulsion which is spread through me right now. While it is not the sum total of my feelings, I find Brutal Antipathy recently got very close to my feelings when he wrote "...I don't hate the human race for the fun of it.  I hate the human race for its countless acts of injustice delivered onto other humans.  I hate humanity for its willing ignorance when vast knowledge is waiting for consumption.  I hate the human race for its sanctimony and condescension in light of an ever changing face of morality.  I hate the human race for too many things to list here, but one thing is certain, my hatred compels me to do what I can to rectify the situation when I can, and to point out the problem when I can't."

Pink Floyd's song The Trial also comes to my mind.

Some people are going to be aghast at the above statements and not a few are going to wonder how I can claim to be Christian while harboring such feelings. Most of these people, when they get done judging me, will resume discussion of the young lady who died in a plane crash and forget about the work on leukemia with the AIDS virus. Ah so.

Add caption. G'head. You can do it.

2 comments:

  1. Like i always say in my blogs, I am probably one of the true Racists on the planet because I truly despise the Human Race. For the most part, I truly feel that Humanity is the only mistake God ever made. As a whole the Human Race is greedy, cruel and not very bright. Its obsession with (Well to be kind, its not useless news but really has no direct bearing on the world) tabloid information like who has Lindy Duffigan punched in the face this week while breaking her parole and high on refined Catnip is pathetic. People like Cam Kardasian makes the front page, but a lowly Corporal killed by IEDs in Afghanistan MIGHT make it to page 5. People don't want substance anymore they want a circus.

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.