The Gross National Debt

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Mounting frustration

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Today dose o' diatribe probably won't appeal to many people, but I'm writing it anyway.

Among the things I do to make financial Socket A properly meet financial Plug B is freelance. I write. Pick a topic. I've probably written about it and of more recent times I actually make money at it. Not GREAT money, but money. I freelance and ghost write articles for companies across the planet.

Chief among the freelance work these days is SEO - Search Engine Optimization. The object is to write an article that will vault a particular website to the top on search engine rankings. I'm very very very good at this as is my brother. Check us out at Facebook.

In writing these articles I often research the business the company is in. I look for news articles to get information.

There's the problem. Search engines are being clogged with the PR puff pieces I and many others write and the real news is getting buried deep, deep deep.

The stuff I write pays decent, yes, but the news content is close to zero. Sometimes it's even negative news content. In other words it sucks facts out of my brain, leaving a void behind. (Some of you will say it is impossible to create a void where one already existed, but hey.)

So to all those people who use search engine news feeds to do research, and I am one, part of me wants to apologize for packing the internet with idiocy. But the part that grins when I see a deposit to my account says "Go free market economics!"

F'dang.

1 comment:

  1. Freelance writing is the only career I have these days and I like to eat. So yeah, "Go free market economics!"

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.