The Gross National Debt

Friday, February 17, 2012

No Can Do ... dangit

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I share two stories with you first.

Person A was, well, I'm not entirely sure how to describe Person A in a few words. I know that Person A made a WHOLE lotta people made before leaving.
Class B people they are. I'm class R, WAY off this chart.

Was Person A incompetent? I don't know. Deliberately incompetent, yes. Person A worked with another person in the same office. Person A never answered the phone, unless Person A was the only one in the building. Person A rarely made Person A's own outgoing phone calls. The other person in the office had to call on Person A's behalf.

Person B was cut from the same jib. Person B would not make Person B's own phone calls, had Person B's secretary fetch coffee, etc etc etc.

Another thing they had in common. Both were (are) self promoters who make me look like someone who sits under a rock.

While I have no doubt they were capable of performing those tasks, they insisted on having "an underling" do it.

For these and other reasons I felt somewhat uncomfortable in their presence. Didn't much care for 'em either.

I prefer doing things for myself. If I can't do it and it needs doing, I may learn how to do it for future instances.

If I can do it for myself, I'm going to. It bothers me IMMENSELY when people do things for me which I can do myself.

So. I have an ad client at the office. The client emails paperwork to me. I have to print it (can do), sign it (can do) and fax it back. Can't do.

Yes, I know how to operate a fax machine. I can fax stuff. Do it frequently in fact. But there's something about this one client and her phone number.

I can't do it.

Can't. Not won't, but can't.
The real reason I'm bald.

I punch numbers and punch numbers and punch numbers. It. Never. Goes. Through.

So, I have had to resort to getting someone in the office to fax it for me. Goes RIGHT through for anyone but me.

It drives me around the bend and then some.

Robin and Linda both don't mind sending the fax for me.

I mind. A lot. Never mind the fact I can't get the $%^&*~ fax to send. It reminds me of Persons A and B above. Deliberately incompetent and with a serious attitude of superiority.

Can't stand that.

I did say I can fax. I do. Most of the time the stuff I send goes through. Sometimes it does and I retry and it goes. But this one client, I cannot get it to fax.

This may sound silly to you and it probably is. But that doesn't change the way I feel about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.