The Gross National Debt

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Double Standards





.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Why is it OK for some people to do something and not other people?

When I posed this question yesterday, I got this reply: “Could be several factors... race, religion, morals, values, ethics, etc.”

Or vice versa


Then, I got this addenda: “and something (commentor) omitted... Equipment”

So, I tightened up the question a bit: Physical and mental attributes being equal, I reiterate and add this. Person A does this. It is OK. Person B does it and Person A says it is not OK.

One respondent asked if Person A and Person B are adults. “There are definitely things that are OK for me to do, but not my children.”

Note my rephrased question. I add this:

The only variables permitted in my question are those which the person has control over. In other words, religion is a choice. Birth gender is not a choice.

Can I get a witness?


I’m trying to keep this simple. So I ask again: Why is it OK for some people to do something and not other people?

I draw your attention to this fact: I have done things. Some people have threatened to kill me because of what I did.

BUT! When these same people do the same thing, it’s OK and even laudable under some circumstances.

Want a for instance?


PETA killed 95 percent of the adoptable pets under PETA care. When I lived on a farm and shot stray animals, PETA members who found out threatened to kill me.

Is there a real difference? What makes it OK for PETA to put down unwanted pets and when I do the same thing, that’s not OK?

There's a reason for that. Men buy comic books.


That’s just one example. I have more and I do have a very specific one I will get to.

Let me be vague again.

Person A commits an act. Person B condemns it, harshly. Hints that the action may be illegal.

Some time later Person B commits the same act. What was one detestable has now become commendable.

There is one variable, a mental decision. All the rest of the circumstances are identical.

Why? What could happen to make this acceptable?

More tomorrow. We have enough to mentally masticate today.
From me buddy CB.

1 comment:

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.