The Gross National Debt

Friday, January 14, 2011

John Wayne lives here

If you are like me, and I very much hope this is not the case most of the time, you may wonder what people in other countries think of the United States.

Most likely, you don’t think about this.

I do. I wonder. Aside from the BBC, very little of the news I get about the US is from foreign sources. Which is why I find this story so interesting.

The United States does have an international rep as Cowboy Culture in which people carry guns, are quick to use ‘em, are on drugs and more. The US is also, in many parts of the world, considered the most hegemonistic government in the world, a supposition backed up by the invasion of Afghanistan, Iraq and the posturing that leads many to believe an invasion of Iran and North Korea are also on the agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.