The Gross National Debt

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Yeah, I'll trash the flag too!

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Thinking about this kept me up last night. Literally.
The Flag Flap at Valdosta State University is causing heads to go all splodey.

While I'm all in favor of exploding heads, especially in certain people, I am extremely in favor of exploding heads of the majority of people who are up in arms about the flag-walking incident.

Lemme state right here, right now in front of God, you, my readers in South America and whatever terrorists and federal officials are reading this blog: I'm ready to trash the United States Flag in the most vile and foul manner I can think of.

Now that I have exploded some more heads, here's the usual verbose explanation.

Following the incident when a few college students with more anger than sense decided to walk on an American flag and a former Playboy model and veteran snatched the flag up to prevent 'em from continuing to do so, a massive rally was held at VSU with "patriots" flying the flag everywhere.

"Patriots" around the nation have rallied to the gal who thought nothing of showing off her boobs, butt and shaved crotch while wrapped in an American flag and sometimes wearing part of a uniform.

I am trying VERY hard to avoid profanity here. It ain't easy.

The majority of these flag wavers piss me off.

The majority of these flag wavers make me want to paint a giant US flag on the middle of I-75.

The majority of these flag wavers make me want to grab their flags and do despicable things with 'em.

Yeah. I'll trash the flag too.

Why?

Because these people have turned a symbol into something MORE important than what the symbol represents. I am reminded of religious people who venerate objects rather than try to live the lessons taught by their faith.

Yeah. I'll trash the flag too.

I won't be happy about trashing the flag. It will make me angry. But I'll do it. I won't like it. I will not be fit company for other human beings (which assumes I am fit for human company at other times) for a while afterward. But I'll do it.

Why?

To make a point.

Where in the whole multiverse are all these protestors when it comes to supporting our veterans? Where are they when it's time to put up or shut up when it's time to back those men and women to died to support what the flag stands for?

Lemme make this personal. WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?

Where are you when a veteran commits suicide?

Where are you when a veteran needs a place to live?

Where are you when a veteran dies because of a POS VA Health Care system?

Where are you when a veteran needs a job?

Where are you when Congress sticks its collective thumb up its rear end and refuses to do what's right by our veterans?

Rally in the street did you? Tote your flags demanding justice did you? Scream for reform as loudly as you could, did you?

Some of you did. Some of you have backed our veterans with everything you could do.\

You.

So.

Rock. 

You folks, yeah. You are part of reason trashing the flag makes me angry. Our veterans are another part.

But as for the rest of you flag-waving - nope. Not going there.

As for the rest of you who can only be stirred from your apathy only when your personal sensibilities are affronted ...

As for the rest of you who are so massively offended by someone walking on the flag that you rushed out and bought Made in China flags of your own ...

As for the rest of you - nope. Still not going there.

If flag desecration is what it takes to get you off your - dammit this is harder than I expected - to get you up and moving to do something, then yeah, I'll trash the flag too. And I'm gonna revile you every instance I'm trashing the flag.

Our veterans are so much more important than a piece of material with red, white and blue coloring. Our veterans deserve so much more than what you are giving them. They deserve so much more than what you're even willing to give them.

If flag desecration is what it takes to motivate you to FINALLY do the right thing, yeah, I'll trash the flag too.

If this what it takes to get you up and moving to demand more for our veterans, then hand me a flag. I need to go to the bathroom.

5 comments:

  1. Bravo. Kudos.
    Hand me a number and show me the line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huzzah! Personal attack!

    Now, I am normally not one to defend my brother in personal attacks, but this one needs some explanation. Oh yeah, his WIFE is a Navy vet.

    Mr. Anonymous - We have an uncle who saw active duty in Okinawa. We have several distant family members in the War between the States, Vietnam, Afghanistan and several other conflicts.

    A flag has FLOWN, yes, FLOWN, over Afghanistan in my brother's honor. I am willing to bet if it would mean getting people off their arses to do more for veterans even THAT FLAG would become fodder for a marshmellow roast.

    Go back and read the article. The point is to get people to see those who died under the auspices of that flag deserve more, and it is a shame that it takes something symbolic to move people to rage.

    As for you, I salute you. Thank you for defending my country from all enemies, foreign and domestic. I would take great pleasure in shaking your hand and buying you a cup of coffee.

    Shag Baker

    ReplyDelete
  4. The anonymous comment was deleted because of profanity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the interest of continuity, albeit out of order, here is the edited comment -


    i see now why you only have 1 comment. you're a DELETED from a US Navy vet

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.