The Gross National Debt

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Your mileage may vary.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Crost my news feed today came this blog:

http://itspronouncedmetrosexual.com/2012/05/list-of-examples-of-christian-privileg/

Intrigued, I electronically hopped over and eyeballed. As expected, this writer got some things wrong, decidedly wrong, from my perspective. In case you wonder, I am a Christian and a minister. I am also a newspaper publisher.

So here ya go:

1. Nope. I’m always on call. Never know when I’m gonna be called to work. The only time I’m truly off duty is when I’m out of state.

2. Can’t speak to TV any more. Don’t watch it. Music, yes. But so is music representing every other religion which has music. It’s called The Internet.

3. Yep.

4. Yep.

5. Yep.

6. Nope. Violence is more that physical. I’ve been the recipient of violence because of my beliefs and the way I practice them.

7. Dunno. Don’t have such a bumper sticker. But I doubt it.

8. Nope. See 6 above.

9. <snort>. As if. So, no.

10. Nope.

11. In some places.

12. Faith is a tricky thing. I prefer to watch what people do than listen to what they say. That being the case, most emphatically No.

13. Not any more.

14. Beyond question, no. The average Christian is clueless about what the Bible actually says.

15. See 14 above.

16. Not sure how to answer this one.

17. Yup.

18. Nope.

19. Not totally.

20. Mmmm, in my case, sometimes.

21. Anyone who is polite, gentle and peaceful is an exception to their religion’s history.

22. Nope.

23. Nope. Can be stopped.

24. So far, yes.

25. See Nos. 12 and 14 above.

26. As 25.

27. As 26, 25, 14 and 12.

28. Not in the community in which I live.

29. Dunno. No experience in adoption.

30. See 29.

31. Not to my knowledge.

32. A bit unclear here, but I tend toward no. But I also see agnosticism and atheism as a faith.

33. Nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.