The Gross National Debt

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Call it like I sees it.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The Church of God International (which still holds my church membership for the time being) has issued the following statement regarding the two SCOTUS decisions:

Further, the Church addresses the critical issue of Moral Purity by asserting,

Our body is the temple of the Holy Ghost, and we are to glorify God in our body (Romans 12:1, 2 ; 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20; 10:31). We are to walk in the Spirit and not fulfill the lust of the flesh (Galatians 5:16). Examples of fleshly behavior which do not glorify God are noted in several passages of scripture (Romans 1:24; 1 Corinthians 6:9, 10; Galatians 5:19-21; Revelations 21:8). Sinful practices which are made prominent in these scriptures include homosexuality, adultery, worldly attitudes (such as hatred, envy, jealousy), corrupt communication (such as gossip, angry outbursts, filthy words), stealing, murder, drunkenness, and witchcraft.

“…fleshly behavior which do not glorify God…” & etc.

Having attended services in several COG churches, including services at the state headquarters and seen licensed and certified church pastors within the COG, I ask:

When is the Church of God going to require its pastors to live up to this code in its entirety?

If the church is going to selectively enforce this code (which is being done now), who gets to choose which parts are enforced and why?

Why are certified COG pastors allowed to continued to violate some tenets of the Bible and retain their license violations of other parts result in their license being revoked?

The Bible says there are two kinds of sin: forgivable and one unforgivable. Is the COG delineating further categories of sin?

A pastor weighing 100 pounds or more more than he should is not building a temple which glorifies God. A pastor who smokes is not supporting a temple which glorifies God.

I have personally witnessed COG pastors fly off the handle. I have seen them have worldly attitudes, chasing after the physical possessions of this world. I have seen them walk in ways Jesus told us to avoid. I have seen jealousy. I was pushed aside by a COG pastor because of what he thought I was doing.

You reading this may wonder why the COG still holds my membership. Most days when I think about that, I wonder too. Then I remember, I'm just as imperfect as these people I mention, possibly and probably worse. I'm certainly no better than they are. Like them, I'm trying to do better.

I could judge the COG here, but then I'd need the entire COG membership from the entire world to help me get back on my feet.

So why does the COG have my membership (provided I'm not kicked out after this is read)? 2,000 years ago, one man made a difference. In 1966, one man made a difference. In 1996 and 1997, one man made a difference. Every day, one man makes a difference. I'm one man. I hope to make a difference yet again.

Love each other. Let God take care of judging people for their sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.