The Gross National Debt

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

No permanent allies, only fools


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
We have no permanent allies,
we have no permanent enemies,
we only have permanent interests. 
paraphrased comment from Henry John Temple Viscount Lord Palmerston 1784-1865 
 
Depending on which side of the political mountain (it is not a divide as that implies 2 sides) you fall, you may consider me a cantservative, a liarberal, a libertarian, a libertine or something else. I believe I tend to the libertine (which is a lower case L Libertarian) view.
Damnocrats one side, Reboobicans the other.

So it was with much delight, fist pumping and chortles of glee that I heard this report last night on NPR.

I am not a fan of the ACLU. However, I recognize they do good things from time to time. This is one of those times. In what will stun the hell out of some card carrying liberals, the ACLU has blinders on. Really. That's something I admire them for. If you don't believe the ACLU has blinders on, read this.

The extended NPR report points to historical research dating back to the days of FDR (that's where the research stopped) of instances where government gathered personal information on people. In every (every, no exceptions) where government gathered personal information, that data was used BEYOND the scope it was originally intended for. The top secret papers already show government is taking the information it gathers BEYOND the scope of the Patriot Act Law. So says experts interviewed by NPR.

Arg. Confusing,
 
Government takes your information and uses it illegally. Always has. NPR says so and NPR is supposed to be the No. 1 news agency in the nation to toe the government line. 
 
Government takes your information and uses it illegally. My opinion, always will. Opinion supported by people who make a living studying government.

This research paper pointed out some people in government also used that information for personal reasons - stalking, revenge, etc.

These people are rarely prosecuted.
 
As much as I support the ACLU suit in this case, I don't expect much to come of it. 
 
Nothing is going to happen until people start being arrested and thrown under the jail. That also won't happen. Government will rig the cases.
 
It's what government does.
 
While I'm here, let me point out this is being done by a "Damnocrat" administration and Damnocrats and Reboobicans are howling. When it was done by a "Reboobican" administration, Damnocrats mostly howled, joined only by a few Reboobicans.
 
What's the difference? Same action. "Different" POTUS, at least as different as you can get in an oligarchy.  

The difference is fools prefer lies to truth, prefer to be coddled than educated and will follow a leader in such a manner that even lemmings will stand up and say "Whoa! Dude, I think you need to look where you're going."

Most of the people who read my ramblings are nodding their heads sagely at this point and saying I am correct. A select few will say I have no idea what I am talking about and I am an idiot.

There are fools among us, yes, and sometimes I am one. In this case, I am not the fool. Who is the fool? I leave that to your incredible powers of discernment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.