The Gross National Debt

Monday, July 22, 2013

Hail! Hail!

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
There are, as I noted previously, people who come into your life and make an impact. They become closer to you than your blood kin. Then, sometimes you part.

Promises to keep in touch are heartfelt at the time, but over time, well , it doesn't happen.

At least that is the way it used to be. Thanks to the Internet finding those people is now easier.

I've found James, Rebel, Hugh, Mary, Tom, Phil. And one more. Scooter is out there somewhere on the periphery. A few others are MIA. Still can't find Taka or 'Cilla, Beverly & Jeff, f'dangit.

Today (when I should have been working, but I could NOT think of an editorial), I gave it one more go to find one of the people I knew in college who was closer to me than some of my family.

I was not the first to look for him, nor was this is the first time I tried to find it.

Today, I found him. And not on Facebook. Turned out he created a LinkedIn profile some time back and left it up. I used that to track down the rest of the information I needed.

Egad.

It was like we'd never been apart for more than 20 years. We picked up right where we left off, excepting that we had plenty of memories to recall and had to update each other on our present lives.

Wow.

We now know how to find each other and have laid plans to get together as soon as joint schedules permit.

I am SO looking forward to that.

There are some people who are there for you, no matter. If you can't stand, they stand in your place. If you need support, you lean on them. If you need someone to stand by you, they've got your back. If you must stand and just don't want to, they make you stand.

Years do not break this bond. Departing this realm of existence may, but if there is an afterlife, I believe the bond will be as strong or stronger there.

Reconnecting with these folks is, well, I can't put it into words. If you've been there and done that, then you understand. If you've never gone through it, you can't understand.

So, welcome back to the fold Dennis. It's been to long. Lemme hear from you now & then and hurry up and get some spare time. The hogs need shootin', the guns need cleaning and the beer needs drinkin'.

Man, I missed you.


1 comment:

  1. Missed you too, my friend. I've got memories of you and the others you mentioned that give me giggles or tears, depending, more often than you might think.

    Sadly, as long as the wife is nonambulatory I won't even make the gun show across town, much less Warm Springs or your homestead.

    Your call did light a bit of a fire under me, however. No friend like an old friend, they say, and now we have more in common and more to talk about than ever.

    We'll make it happen.

    For now, I adamantly refuse to Facetweet, or whatever this social stuff is that you kids do these days...but please relay my happy, loving thoughts to the other TSU hooligans.

    MoreLaterSoon,
    Dennis

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.