The Gross National Debt

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Rocking da house

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Eddie James, the singer famous for the song "I Am" was in Lee County on Wednesday night performing at a Church of God. Clan Genius packed up and hauled out to hear this mighty man. This video is nowhere NEAR the experience of seeing him perform live with his kids on stage as well.

"It was awesome," quoth the youngest of Clan Genius (Susan).

Jesse also express, in his own way, that the concert and show were beyond reproach and he had a most wonderful time.

So yeah, it was a night well spent and worth so much more than we dropped in the offering plate.

Yeah. Offering plate. No charge to attend the show. When was the last time you got to see top selling recording artist live for free.

When the night was over Eddie James and his literal bus load of kids left. Yes. Bus load. Eddie runs a program for kids who have been in trouble with drugs. He averages 40 teens and young adults at the time and has adopted many who have gone through his program.

Yeah. Adopted them.

Anyway, the show was a major hit among the young crowd. Kids packed the front of the church, bouncing, jumping, yelling, singing and carrying on. Exactly like they should be doing, especially in church.

Especially. In. Church.

Gonna take some of you a while to get that.

What a night.

Fortunately for most of the young'uns in attendance Wedensday, the concert was not unusual. They are used to church services where they can express themselves.

When I was the age of some of those kids, my church was sit down, stand up, kneel, carefully walk forward and intone at the proper moments. I remember my mother telling me repeatedly if I didn't like something "you can just sit in the car." One Sunday we pulled up at church and I grabbed the Sunday paper to read. "What are you doing?" she demanded.

"I'm going to sit in the car," I replied.

I did not sit in the car, but neither did she threaten me with that again.

If church had been fun, like it was Wednesday night, when I was younger, I probably would have continued to attend through my later teen and young adult years.

Church should be fun. Let kids have a good time. Let them rap, crank the guitars to 11 and pound the skins loud enough to cause tremors. God says we are to enter into his presence with joy and thanksgiving. I think God enjoyed the show Wednesday night too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.