The Gross National Debt

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Well, that one is shot to...

.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Chances are very good you've never hear of the country I write of today. If you have, you probably know very little about it.
Fight the power!

I am now a revolutionary leader in this country. I am not kidding either. Yes. I am serious.

[sigh] There's goes my decade-long winning streak on keeping my New Year's Resolution.

For everyone I just lost: For more than 10 years now I have made the same New Year's Resolution: I resolve to not overthrow the government of any Third World Nation unless I get paid a lot of money.

Yep. Solid record.

Until now.

Yes, I am not kidding. I am a revolutionary leader on the other side of the globe, a fact which probably now has me bumped WAY up on the US list of terrorists and so forth.

I started this piece out telling you the country. Then I realized that might not be a good idea. The leader over there could find out about this and decide to do something about me. So, you'll just have to wonder. Of course, being vague might result in a whole bunch of dictators deciding I'm more trouble than I'm worth...
No idea what this says, but he's got a book!

How did this happen, especially since I have not left South Georgia since February of this year and have not left the South in more than 20 years? Glad you asked.

A gent who is one of the on-ground revolutionary leaders over there (and I shall not give you his name) somehow found out I am a writer who enjoys inflammatory politics and bashing established oligarchies. Said gent has enlisted me, with pay, to write diatribes about the present dictator and why he should step down, resign, quit and otherwise pack his bags.

The work has been picked up by media outlets all over the world. Fortunately, without my name attached. Whew.

So, I have written articles for this gent and the movement he's a part of. The pay ain't much, but then  I suspect he had to take up a collection to meet my meager fee.

And I am now involved in the overthrow of a Third World Country and the pay so far won't cover a a steak dinner for two. And so, come late December, I gotta come up with another New Year's Resolution ... unless the revolution DOES succeed and they handsomely reward me,

That ain't gonna happen. Anyone have an idea for a new resolution for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.