The Gross National Debt

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Tolerating the intolerant

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
No, this is not another Chick Fil A piece.
Betcha

It's a great deal more broad than that. It is a piece on why I'm right and you (not necessarily you, but that guy looking over your shoulder - oops, he's gone now) are wrong.

With a few exceptions I can manage to get along with everyone. Note. I did not say like, enjoy the company of or willingly associate with. I said get along.

The exceptions are those people who can't get along with me.

"WTH Baker! That's 3/4s of the planet!" you tell me.

Not really. More like 3./5ths but I digress.

To get along means to agree that the other can exist. May not like how they exist. But they can exist.

Example: Some Middle Eastern countries do not believe Israel has the right to exist. Ergo, those countries and Israel don't get along. Israel is quite willing for  those countries to

Example: Some people would kill me because of my religious beliefs. Ergo, we can't get along. If you are one of these people who'd like to kill me because of my religious beliefs, please stand up, smile and wait for the flash.
Public service = jail time. WTH?

Example: Child molesters. What part of I'm gonna shoot you to pieces with a snub nosed .22 with shorts is hard for you to understand?

But I'm willing to get along with anyone who'll extend the same courtesy. This includes but is not limited to: Idiots, morons, the actively stupid, racists, bigots, fools, lawyers, politicians, Muslims, Jews, liarberals, cantservatives, liberalterians of the Capital L and lowercase l stripe, damnocrats, reboobicans. Ah heck. Pick a category.

I can even get along with people who do little else but espouse hate speech. Betcha. Run your mouth all you wanna and I'm good with that.

The problem comes when you try to FORCE me to accept your thinking. Then, Houston! We gotta problem!

I can even accept the folks at Westboro Baptist Church. Yep. I can. I do not agree with what they say. When they start trying to force people into the same belief mode, that is not getting along. It's time to draw a line.
My kind of line.

I can get along with the people who say homosexuality is wrong. I can. I cannot get along with the people who try to make this illegal. Gimme dat line!

For that matter, if the conjugal relations are between  two consenting adults, it ain't none of your business or my business who they are or what they are doing. If you don't like it, don't look, watch, discuss, examine, participate or otherwise let stay in your mind for any length of time.

If your religion, belief structure, ass-hatted outlook REQUIRES you to have an opinion, then have it. If your whatever requires you to share that opinion, lemme hand you a microphone.

If your whatever requires you to force others into the same belief structure, please stand, smile and wait for the flash.


This is what separates me from the cantservatives and liarberals. Both sides want the other side shut down. Differences of opinion becomes a matter of trying to get said opinion into the law and forced on other people.

Reciprocity also gets thrown out the window again.

Because if you are going to be TOTALLY fair, when you try to shut down another person, then they have the right to try and shut you down.

Doesn't matter if you agree with them or not. Fair's fair. What's good for the idiot is good for the moron.

That's a concept neither side of Can't Get Along Crowd is willing to accept and embrace. Of course, that's also why they are the Can't Get Along Crowd.

So I'm right, you're wrong. I just want to get along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.