The Gross National Debt

Friday, May 6, 2022

The wrong reasons

 Tokens


A friend put this so well.


"Wouldn’t it be nice to be honoring the newly selected and qualified Supreme Court Justice who happened to be a black woman? Instead we have cheated her that great honor because she was initially selected on qualities that she had no control over and didn’t work hard to earn. I am sure intentions were good, but a disservice has been done to the honorable Judge Jackson. I have confidence she will rise above the racist selection. She is a better person by far."


It was also incredibly well said by someone else.


“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.” –Martin Luther King, Jr.


I do not know if the newest member of SCOTUS is the most qualified person to hold that job. I do believe appointing anyone to any job based strictly on things outside their control is wrong.


Those who demand an end to race-based decisions and also applaud this choice mystify me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.