The Gross National Debt

Friday, December 13, 2013

A condundrum

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
William Blackstone

I went to college with a guy who was famous, rather INfamous, for his ability to get behind the wheel of a vehicle no matter his condition and attempt to drive. I forget how many times he was caught. I also know he wrecked a very expensive convertible.

Arrested a lot.

Never convicted.

His dad had plenty of money. Every time ole CT was caught, a call went in to a Montgomery attorney who guaranteed a no conviction on a DUI arrest or the client didn't pay.

That Montgomery ...  attorney is not the only one to make such claims and promises.

I'm trying REALLY hard right here to not hope all those ... attorneys get involved in a major crash with a DUI driver. I'm on the verge of losing that struggle.

I do believe that if one of these ... entities were to suffer the kind of loss that other innocent people do after a DUI wreck, they might change their minds about offering such a defense. I could be wrong. Probably am in fact.

All too many ... lawyers these days are interested in the all mighty green back dollar. Justice has nothing to do with it. If they truly wanted justice, they'd be queued up in front of the courthouse to represent poor people at no charge who are genuinely innocent and are the target of revenge.

This attitude is why I refer to the vast majority of ... lawyers in the world as parasites of the human condition. They make their living by exacerbating suffering.

I have met some genuinely noble attorneys. Not many. But they do exist. These people are excused from the vitriol I heap upon their companions. I wish there was a way to better separate them from the pack. Until I can figure out how to do that, you few good lawyers please know you have my thanks and respect.

Anyway, in my freelance work I'm occasionally called upon to write PR for some of these infestations on humanity. The ones I detest the most are those in DUI defense. I admit that some people are wrongly charged on occasion and deserve to have the charges tossed.

But the frequency with which some (insert word of your choice here) manage to get their clients set free means they are gaming the system.

I have several of the ebooks these lawyers sometimes write on DUI, arrest and how to handle things. While I'm not a lawyer, I do think I could take a DUI defense case to court and stand a very good chance of winning. That bothers me. A lot.

I do note successful defense of a case is going to require a lot more than is contained in these books, but I could pull it off. Most people couldn't, which is scant solace to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.