The Gross National Debt

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Thanks but, nah. I'll pass

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Social media has been beyond awesome in allowing me to connect to people I lost touch with. Rebel, Mary, Phil, Tom and James come to immediate mind. They are part of a crew who took me through one the hardest periods in my life and made sure I came out the other side.

I've also reconnected with most of my graduating class. Two major exceptions. Marcus, well, I'm not gonna reconnect to him in this reality. In the next world I certainly hope so. Marcus was killed in a car wreck in his freshman year of college.

The other major exception I shan't discuss here.

Then, social media has thrown some names up in front of me from people I left behind (and in turn was left behind) years ago. As I see these names and pictures pop up, I look and wonder if I should reach out.

Then I remember what we went through.
 
I emphasize we because it took two (or more) to tango. 

Certainly I was the cause of strife in far too many cases. At the same time the other person was the cause of strife in far to many cases.

We were both an exacerbating agent far to many times.

There's certain memories that need to remain where they are. Forgiveness is granted. Forgetting is done as long as I don't have to deal with them now.

You may very well say we've grown, up, out and older. Certainly this is the case. Maturity definitely brings a different outlook on certain matters.

Irrelevant to me where some folks are concerned. While I must truthfully thank them for helping shape me into the person I am today, I really don't need to relive what it took to get me to this point.


So, why I say thank you for the potential re-connections, Social Media, I say, nah. I'll pass.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.