The Gross National Debt

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Random brain droppings


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Today, an assortment of assorted unsorted sorties.
I just like this cartoon.
•••

People who've known me for years N years are still surprised when I tell them (for the kajillionth time) that I do not watch TV. I am not smart enough to watch TV.

I once said this to a person I know and he expressed incredulity at my lack of cognitive ability wherewith I should be able to participate in his favored form of recreation.

"You just turn it on," he said.

"That's all?" I asked. "You just watch? You don't have to do anything else?"

"Yes," he said.

To  him, sarcasm is a person from a foreign country or a spice and irony is what happens to your shirts at the dry cleaners.

I maintain if he has the IQ level necessary to watch TV, then I am absolutely not smart enough.

•••
Truth.
The Guns of the South is the best book written in the past 20 years. Am presently reading Harry Turtledove's WWII and Invasion series. Not as good as Guns, but still I find myself enjoying his work immensely.

•••

Thanks to Pakrat, I have Megatome 1. I realize this means little to you, but the book is a compilation of the Sluggy Freelance online cartoon strip. Megatome 1 in first edition is worth a WHOLE lot more than I paid for it. Thanks Phil!

•••

Please, join me in praying for Jayme.

•••

We are the sum of the choices we have made and what circumstances and others have done to us. No one may fully take the blame or the credit.

•••

Everyone has a price. Everyone. The only thing to be determined is who can afford to pay it. Well, another question could be: Do you know what your price actually is?

As I said to a friend this morning, people around the world, a whole lot in the United States including many, many in my town and community, exchange sexual favors for economic security. What do you call these people?

I call a lot of them "married."

What is the difference between a person who exchanges sex for money with many people and a person who exchanges sex for money (economic security) with one person?

Most likely, one person is more honest about what he or she does to make ends meet.

If that offends you, then I suggest you start living in this place I call reality. Then, you won't be offended when someone shows you the truth.

•••


1 comment:

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.