The Gross National Debt

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A partial list


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
This list is by no means complete. I thought of two things to add while hauling up the big road today. Sit down to put this down, completely forgot what they are.

Anyway, when you get done with this list, please add to it. I want to know what's on your list.

I do not want to know about places to eat. I want to know WHAT to eat. I've eaten in the finest restaurants on the planet down to the tailgate of my own pickup truck. I find the very best commercially cooked food is at hole-in-the-wall greasy spoons, like Impire in Adel. The very best home cooked food ain't available on this planet any more 'cause Granny Nancy has been gone now for more'n 20 years.

Anyway, my list of foods to eat before you die:

Gharial.
Huckleberries

Things to eat before you die

Ants
Any cetacean (whale)
Anything you killed, prepared and cooked
Bear
Capybara
Caribou
Cephalopod (squid, cuttlefish, octopus)
Chile Relleno
Chitlins
Collards
Crawfish
Crickets/Grasshoppers
Crocodilia (gator, croc, gharial or caiman
Durian
Elephant
Emu (or ostrich or rhea)
Grits
Hot Krispy Kreme donut
Huckleberries
Fried chicken
Fried Green Tomatoes
Fried Oreos
Fried ribs
Frogs' Legs
Fugu
Home baked bread
Home cured bacon
Kangaroo
NYC bagel
Peach right from the tree
Poke Salit
Pork brains (with or without eggs
Rabbit
Raccoon jerky
Raw honey
Softshell crab sammich
Raw oysters
Sea Salt
Seal
Snail
Snake
Soft shell crab
Squash flowers
Squirrel
Sushi
Turtle
Vegemite
Venison
Wild hog

Here’s a list other people have compiled. The list includes food served at specific restaurants. I am not interested in your restaurant recommendations.

Post 'em here or on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.