The Gross National Debt

Thursday, September 20, 2018

In search of less hostility

If you lurk my FB feed, you mighta noticed something.

Lot less politics. Lot less divisive stuff. Lot more jokes, fun stuff and things to make people smile. If you did not notice this, you have now. Still gonna be a political post now & then. I am a political animal.

This is intentional.

I am tired of the hate. I am tired of the invective. So I made a change. I changed the way I post.

I look for good stuff to share. I want to see good stuff.

HATE EVERYBODY EQUALLY

Yassee, I'm of the opinion we ought to hate everybody equally.

That is a sentence 80 percent or more people who read it will misunderstand.

Semantically, it means exactly the same as "we ought to love everybody equally."

Yes, it does. Parse the words. The only qualifiers are "everybody" and "equally."

I'm also gonna continue to post things to try to make people think.

SEE YA!

I do not tolerate ad hominem on my pages. Someone does that. SEE YA! Dropped, block & banned.

When someone attacks me on another page, the boot is swift there as well.

I do not attack people who comment in threads on my page or others' pages. I realize this may be a novel concept.

I will try to explain. I will do my best to understand the other person's POV. I do really enjoy that. Had other people tell me the same.

SCARY THOUGHTS

I've been blocked by others because they don't want to hear my reasoned comments. Scary thoughts are enough to make the most courageous adult pull the covers over his head and start chanting a security mantra.

I feel sorry for them. Sometimes. I'm bastard enough to laugh at them too, especially when things do not go according to their perception of reality.

BYE FELICIA

In closed, I have Fluff Busting Purity overlaid on FB. This is far more effective than Ad Blocked at killing ads on FB. It also has custom filters, that allow me to block posts with certain words. Bye Felicia!

Current blocks?

trump
clinton
Trump
Clinton
Roseanne Barr
border
Kapernick
Colin Kaepernick
Kavanaugh
Nike

Is one other on the list, but you don't need to know that 'cause it is personal.

The list changes with the current news and Rage du Jour. Does it catch all of 'em? Nope. Better'n 80 percent though. I'll live with that.

Meantime, supper is about done and I'm hungry.

1 comment:

  1. Installed FB Purity but I'm still trying to figure out how to hide all the memes of hate and rudeness so I can follow my family members again. It doesn't seem to work on those yet.

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I welcome lively debate. Attack the argument. Go after a person in the thread, your comments will not be posted.